PDA

View Full Version : ROS Phase Two and how I screwed it up...

OnourisofRavencrest
07-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Last night we got our 4th or 5th kill on ROS but during phase two I had huge problems. Normally what I do is wait for the RL to call out "Deaden in 5" and then stop and do nothing else until deaden comes. The very moment Deaden pops up as being cast I mash shield reflect and then launch into my rotation for another 10-15 seconds. Last night however, following my normal routine, I only shield reflected one deaden (I was spirit shocked for one and the other two refused to reflect). It is a real credit to our dps that we got the kill that attempt with only one deaden up, but my question is, why was that happening? I did nothing different than normal and yet I still missed two...

Rak
07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I typically cast spell reflect when my BigWigs timer for Deaden reaches 0 seconds. It has never failed me once. It always casts before spell reflect wears off. Reactively trying to do it requires far more attention, less lag, etc and I don't think it's worth it when the other method never fails.

Satrina
07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Yup, as Rak said.

Armstrong
07-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Same. :)

Honelorr
07-17-2008, 02:34 PM
With Deadly as well, timers are always bang on the money.

Dunmail
07-18-2008, 01:48 AM
I've had a couple of issues relying on the timer.

One was it got to 0 for deaden and a Spirit Shock came out, which I think on a couple of our attempts was reflected instead.

The second one was that every so often we got one shock that appeared virtually instant, followed by a virtually instant Deaden. Former made it hard to kick, or shield clatter. I assume this was due a Spirit shock going through and hasting a couple of spells, bit weird as it was sporadic.

First one I tried to wait using timer & cast bars.
Second one tended to screw first one up, not sure if the timer was out, latency issues or whatever, not quite sure what to pin it down too, or whether it would be fixable.

bludwork
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
All spirit shocks should be interrupted. If one slips through you have bigger problems than worrying about deaden.

Honelorr
07-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Just spitballing, but is it possible a rune shield wasn't dispelled till very late? I've know that to mess us right up before on Phase2

Nickolaas
07-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Yes it's perfectly possible that the deaden you reflected was absorbed by the shield or even resisted.
And if you pop reflect when the timer reaches 0 and you reflect a spirit shock with it you just saved the raid. That spirit shock has to be cast before it can be reflected which means your interrupters failed and it's better to take a deaden and heal through it than the tank to get shocked and RoS going off killing some dps.

In my personal experience I find it perfectly possible to pop a reflect during the deaden cast, just make sure curse of tongues is up (as it should be!)

Morgo
07-22-2008, 01:54 AM
We only had one kill so far, but I didn't have any problems reflecting as soon as Deaden was cast, since Spell Reflect is off the global Cooldown. We had much more trouble telling our kickers/pummelers to WATCH THE FRIGGIN CASTBAR after deaden cooldown was ready, to stop them from interrupting the cast. Works with and without Curse of tounges, but your latency has to be good when CoT is missing.

Dunmail
07-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh.

That makes me feel better, I thought I'd nailed them all bar the last 2 when one was interrupted (cue muttering), and the last one which had that weird, instant shock/deaden combo which unlike the others is insanely difficult to react too. Then I was told that I'd reflected 33% of them, which had me wondering what had happened to the other couple as it looked fine when doing it.

Got it down ok, just seemed a bit of a 'eh moment...'

failnkara
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
we wipe on ros like 3 times than got it the 4th time. We had 3 rogues and we took rotation on kicking the spirit shock after 2 spirit shock a deaden should come right after.

tehgreen
07-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't cast spell reflect as soon as the timer expires (i missed one or two when we where learning doing this, i do use bigwigs though which could b the difference). What i did do was d/l "deaden" off of wowace and changed it so that i only c the deaden cast and not the spirit shock, just spam spell reflect than when anything pops up on the cast bar.