PDA

View Full Version : Arms Or Fury

Ady
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
I am a warrior 2h slam dps in arms at the min, what is the way forward for me, am I better to go fury or stick with arms spec? I am comfortable in heroics and moving forward in Kara. What are he pros and cons of both arms and fury? If you want to check my armoury the character is Draysor on Shattered Halls.

Thanks in advance.

Minya
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
pros: arms supplies support to all melees in your grp.
cons: arms does less dps than dw.

I do like arms slam-specc more than dw-specc just because it's more challenging to play but if your focus lies on 5mans and a bit karazhan I think you would be more useable with a dw-specc. This depends on how many melees your grps have, too.
The more melees you bring in, the more powerful the slam-specc gets.

Kazeyonoma
07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Fury:
Pro: higher self dps
Con: not as group oriented

MS:
Pro: 4% group debuff, utility class
Con: lower self dps.

If you plan on running raids with a strong melee group, than stay arms! ;]

ebs2002
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd agree with Kaz with this caveat: if you're not running 25mans in the foreseeable future, then go fury. Karazhan rarely has enough melee to make an arms warrior worthwhile (IMO you'd want 4 melee DPS minimum to make your utility outweigh the loss of personal DPS).

Plus, if your primary source of progression is Karazhan and Heroics, you probably don't have the proper gear setup for arms pve. You need enough rage to slam between every white attack, and keep MS and WW on cooldown.

Unless you see yourself doing 25mans soon, or your Kara group has 3 other melees in it, I'd recommend going fury.

The cool thing about going fury is that most of the gear overlaps, so when you're in a position to switch to Arms, you don't need to totally regear (you'll want to pay more attention to crit and armor pen and a little less to attack power, and of course you'll need a good 2-hander, but for the most part the gear is interchangeable with little negative impact)