PDA

View Full Version : Armor values on different level and types.

Merina
07-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi

Currently we have cloth, light, medium, heavy and full plate armor types.
None have any description saying if there is any armor value or other bonus from upgrading to a higher tier of armor or a higher level item.

There are lots of rumors saying there are no benefits from armor other then the stats you see on them.

I was wondering if anyone here got some advice concerning this issue ?

Ciderhelm
07-17-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't believe there is any difference other than the stats you see on them. I have seen no difference in damage incoming when wearing Heavy Armor as compared to Full Plate.

I believe the major difference is the stats you see on them (as you mentioned). Each Armor type derives it's Armor sets from an equation that determines appropriate stats. For instance, Full Plate would never have Mana or Unholy Damage on it, so there's no set that has those stats (let's ignore the Indomitable boots for the sake of discussion). Heavy Armor can randomly derive Unholy/Mana on some sets but can also derive the same stats as Full Plate (Avoidance/Health/etc) on other sets.

Or, to make the above statement simpler:
Every Full Plate tanking set has an equal Heavy Armor tanking set. There is no useful difference beyond which classes can equip them.

Defense values are determined strictly by item level.

Merina
07-17-2008, 05:19 AM
Thank you for the quick answer ;)