PDA

View Full Version : Jin'rohk, Great Apocalypse or Blade o' Harbingers

Threatmagnet
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
I recently decided to play around with arms for pve so I could have a little fun before the expansion, and I can't filter through the insipid, useless off-on-a-tangent-bullcrap of world of warcraft forums to find a side-by-side comparison between these two weapons.

It boils down to sword spec vs. a better axe and axe spec.

Which should I use and why?

P.s. No, I don't have access to Cataclysm's Edge.

Korlong
07-17-2008, 12:50 AM
They're pretty comparable.

The Blade of Harbingers has better stats than Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse, but Jin'rohk will give you slightly bigger slams. Also sword spec remains slightly better than axe spec for PvE (at least until they patch 3.0).

I'd go with whatever you can get first. Jin'rohk would probably give you better results in PvP though.

GarrettJaxx
07-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Is your toon Human or Orc? The racial talent would weigh a little in your choice too, though I have Jin and adore it. Just looks really cool.

Threatmagnet
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm a Tauren. I listened to my friends...."Hey, roll a Tauren; they are the best warriors, lawlz." Yeah...orcs and humans get expertise...I get warstomp and improved herbalism.

I mainly just didn't know if the benefits from sword spec having 30 percent crit would outweigh axe spec with 38 percent crit.

I love the sword too : )

ebs2002
07-18-2008, 09:51 AM
The difference in slam damage between the two is negligible (only 7 damage). The blade is just simply better (it was addressed in another thread somewhere).

Axe spec is better than sword spec for PvE, I'm pretty sure (although I've never been arms, this is what I've heard repeated over and over).