PDA

View Full Version : Tidewalker, 1st time tonight HELP ME!

TomBrokeOff
07-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok so I haven't been polite enough to post my guilds SSC progression, and I apologize.

However the last two weeks have proven slow, but successful.

First we went straight to Hydross, got him in 5 tries.

spent the remainder of the night wiping on lurker.

the next week, 2 shot hydross. 4% first try on lurker. then an ugly attempt he didnt get sub 90 due to some mistakes in the melee, and the healing team and my placement for whirls. (live by the DBM....DIE by the DBM...when its off time)

Lurker dies 3rd try.

Tonight, Tidewalker.

what im wondering is...Im told to stack avoidence, and im wondering to what extent.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Tombrokeoff)

thats me. in my regular tankin set. im buffed to 22.5K hpish... in 25 mans.

however, IS the dodge block and parry sufficient for the fight?

I have T4 gloves which, A sun eater. two Defense trinkets, an autoblocker, a shard of contempt. some tank-o-tronic goggles. and a panz-thar breast plate. dawnforged defender as well.

i "can" at the sacrifice of about 3K hp move my dodge to 27% 18% parry, and about 34% block.

any ideas on how to best make sure i stay prepared?

(BTW im about 17K hp now, and just UNDER 14K hp in total avoidence set.)

Krashtork
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
I would stack effective health.

Tidewalker has HUGE spike potential. The first night of attempts the GM let our "retired" MT, who favored a fair amount of dodge rather than stacking stam, tank him.

We had probably about 6 attempts that night and 5 of those times we lost due to the tank getting huge spike damage and dying.

The next night we let our up and coming MT (who would later become my replacement) who wisely favored EH over dodge. He tanked him well and only got instantly killed once or twice.

The time after that my Co-MT tanked him in mostly EH gear and damn near fell asleep at the wheel. He got spiked once or twice that put a couple brown stains in his greaves, but he didn't die.

Basically the point i'm getting at here is: You WILL take large bursts of spike damage. Make sure you can survive it if your avoidance fails (which it will at some point).

The gear you are showing on your armory is more than good for TW. Especially with the pocket watch in case things get a little rough. Just make sure to use Last Stand and Shield Wall liberally. He doesn't do anything fancy that will make it more useful later in the fight.

Most importantly make sure you know when / if YOUR healers get watery graved and call for back up heals and pop your pocket watch.

loquatious
07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Be very careful to keep shield block up. Its easy to be crushed by Tidewalker

TomBrokeOff
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
thanks for the advice.

i tank him tonight as i sit on armory now.

i will let you know how it goes!

Homunkulus
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Personally I'd throw in some expertise to limit his burst potential. It worked for me.

Kamani
07-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Your gear should be fine to tank him as is. He was designed to be tanked by people with mainly T4 gear and you ZA/Badge.

Sun Eater/King's Defender would be a rather large upgrade for survival on this fight for you.

TomBrokeOff
07-17-2008, 01:23 AM
well, I tanked him as i sit now on armory..

just pure EH gear.

and....3 tries he dies.

thanks again for the advice!