PDA

View Full Version : LF Professional Upgrade Help

Leytur
07-15-2008, 06:29 AM
This is me in my "log out" gear i.e. max HP. Basically my boss outfit.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Tubalcain)

I want to get the new badge legs which aren't so new anymore. But after that I'm not sure what's left.

This is limited to NON-25 man gear. So Kara/ZA/BOJ/PVP (not S3-4).

Jungle Stompers for sure. Merc shoulders (or are ZA shoulders better?). My guild is only doing the first 4 ZA bosses. Dragonhawk we don't have a kill on yet but his shield is pretty awesome right? Of course the helm off malacrass but we aren't there yet.

Basically I'm thinking my wish list before xpac is pretty small now: feet, shield, shoulders, HOPEFULLY a helm.

Armstrong
07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Off the top of my head, assuming you're mostly interested in EH / threat upgrades (based on what you currently have equipped):

Either Battleworn Tuskguard or Warbringer Greathelm would be an upgrade over Helm of the Stalwart Defender

Pauldrons of Stone Resolve, definitely better than S2 PvP shoulders

Jungle Stompers, but you already knew that

Signet of the Last Defender is pretty nice for threat, if you can get the 3rd chest

Shard of Contempt, assuming it's not in your bags

Cleaver of the Unforgiving

Nightstrike (threat) or Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer (stam/defense)

That said, there are things like Barbed Choker of Discipline and Warbringer Handguards that you may want to pick up (or hold on to) for their high avoidance, and I wouldn't vendor Wrynn Dynasty Greaves or Battlescar Boots for the same reason (although I would lose the silly crit gems).

Leytur
07-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Off the top of my head, assuming you're mostly interested in EH / threat upgrades (based on what you currently have equipped):

Either Battleworn Tuskguard or Warbringer Greathelm would be an upgrade over Helm of the Stalwart Defender

If we ever get to Malacrass obviously I will be praying to the Loa for the helm to drop. But I don't think the T4 helm is an upgrade of the HOTSD. I'm sure someone could crunch all the numbers and it would show that it's probably marginally better. The times the token has dropped I've always passed on it to let the other classes get it first. Hasn't dropped since then though.

I do have the hands and necklace in my bags for an avoidance set.

The shard hasn't dropped yet. As much as I loathe that place I still run it when I can just for that reason. And when it DOES drop I could replace my ring with something better.

The Cleaver is nice. . . when we get there. Haha. Still gotta down Dragonhawk who will for sure drop the shield first kill. We've been waiting on a tankadin but I'm starting to say screw it I'll tank the hatchlings some how. . .

Rak
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I used the tier 4 helm until I got the helm from Illidan. Seriously, it's better.

Leytur
07-21-2008, 05:25 AM
We screwed the pooch on even the first timed chest. . . .but. . . oh yes. . . jungle stompers are mine. Muahaha.