Zeonidas
07-15-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm really not sure wut i should get Unwavering Leggaurds or Sunguard Legplates

here how my stats look atm

21.18%-Dodge
18.57%-Parry
18.61%-Block

this how my gear look like
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&n=Zeonidas)

Some advice would be greatly appreciated

Elyvern
07-15-2008, 02:57 AM
There is no question about it -Sunguard Legplates, no matter what your stats are.

It gives more avoidance, more armor, more threat, more EH, more of everything than Unwavering Legguards.

Armstrong
07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
There is no question about it -Sunguard Legplates, no matter what your stats are.

That statement is somewhat misleading. The decision depends largely on what content they will be used for.

The OP is already close to the expertise cap for level 72 mobs (which includes bosses in 5-mans and heroics), and could reach it by equipping Shard of Contempt or Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx, in which case the extra Expertise from Sunguard Legplateswould go to waste and effectively provide zero threat. In such a situation, Unwavering Legguards would provide more threat.

Ultimately, pretty much all warriors who are 1) tanking raid bosses and 2) not already clearing BT should really have both sets of leggings on their shopping list.

Elyvern
07-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry for not being more explicit about my reasoning. Your explanation is sound, but with Sunguard Legplates being such a clear upgrade over Unwavering Legguards, he could keep Wristguards of Determination for the avoidance and the bit of extra threat it generates. I agree Bracers of Ancient Phanlanx is nice, but Wristguards hold their weight in avoidance fights as well. More pieces means more choices to shuffle gear around. And he's definitely at the soft cap yet for expertise. 1 upgrade that fulfills that and provide avoidance would be an economical choice at this point in time.

Ukk
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
But they are not a clear upgrade for trash mobs if the expertise is wasted.

clavarnway
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Anybody who spends 75 badges on something for trash only should go ahead and just do that, and I'll just shake my head. Sunguard is clearly better for bosses.

If you are never gonna do raids, get Unwavering, if you ever are, get Sunguard.

Bodasafa
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I am in the postion of MT for 5/6 SSC , VR, and Rage in Hyjal.

I have both sets of leggings.

I use the Unwavering w/ there old x2 +12 stam gems(wich I got first, before new badges came out) on trash in my threat set because of the SBV on it and I have enough expertise through other gear for trash mobs.

I use the Sunguard on boss fights w/ x2 +15 stam gems.

I would have to agree with Armstrong. Like all gearing/spec, hell any aspects of this game it depends on the content you are participating in.

There rarley is a "clear" this or that happening.

If your in the same tanking content as myself or just under I would reccomend you get the Sunguard first to help your guild with new bosses and then pic up the Unwavering for your trash set to help them achive faster clears to bosses.

But thats just my opinon.

Kamani
07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Anybody who spends 75 badges on something for trash only should go ahead and just do that, and I'll just shake my head. Sunguard is clearly better for bosses.

My sentiments exactly.

My trash set is maximized for survival because 99 times out of 100 the only problem on trash is your healers falling asleep and letting you die and thus wiping the raid. Losing the over-zealous enhancement Shaman once a pull isn't really a worry of mine.

rustyboy
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
You should always go with the best upgrade first, then think about something which will improve your trash/off sets. The Sunguard Legplates are a far better upgrade.

Brucimus
07-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Ultimately, pretty much all warriors who are 1) tanking raid bosses and 2) not already clearing BT should really have both sets of leggings on their shopping list.

is the correct answer....I wear my Unwavering far more often then Sunguards. But I'm not a MT