PDA

View Full Version : Using WWS to determine cause of PUG failure

adenosine
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
I've been recording all my instance runs with WWS, but I'm having problems using those reports to improve my tanking and determine why things went bad.

If something is really wrong with a warrior, I can generally tell. For example

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/laoczxluipjga)

The problems on this run were that the tank was taking huge amounts of damage and having problems holding aggro. It's pretty trivial to find out that his rotation sucks, he never used heroic strike, and didn't use shield block very much.

However, if you're looking at a report like

WWS Loading... (http://wowwebstats.com/we6xrkn4vkklw)

On the last two prince attempts, how do you know what's going on? Get to phase 3 and we all died, but I cannot determine what caused everything to fall apart. I don't know enough about other classes to look at what's going on. All I can do is look at my report and go 'well, maybe I can try to take less crushing blows'.

Honorshammer
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm looking at Attempt 4 and here's what I surmise.

Syrax, your DPS Warrior died to an Enfeeble, Shadow Nova combo way way early. Then you lost Sweet about halfway into the fight. It looks like she got killed by an infernal. Now you are down a healer and you are down some DPS.

Your shamans did everything they could (Mana pots, Mana spring, the whole nine yards) but the two of them just couldn't keep up with the damage.

Rancor's final heal comes and 3 seconds later, between the DoT ticking and Prince attacking you, you are dead.

jlafleur
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Really no reason for anyone to die from shadow nova especially the ranged group. Infernals can be a matter of luck. Main tank died at 8:20.

Syrax - shadow nova at 8:13
Sweetarse - infernal 8:16
Bigyoda - shadow nova 8:17
Gumbeh - infernal 8:17
Draewyn - shadow nova 8:18
Zulcrakin - shadow nova 8:18
Cainne - shadow word:pain 8:19
Flamewibble - shadow word:pain 8:20
Rancor still alive after tank died

Brutally
07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Jlafleur: Really no reason for anyone to die from shadow nova especially the ranged group. Infernals can be a matter of luck. Main tank died at 8:20.

ding ding ding! we have a winner!