PDA

View Full Version : Time to upgrade from Suneater?

Prof
07-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Greetings all - I am now raiding Kara, ZA, Mags, Gruuls etc. and was wondering if I should be seeking a 1h weapon that is more agro than my Suneater. I have no problem in 10 mans maintaining good tps but in 25 mans I find mobs being pulled off me sometimes.

Prof's Gear from The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Prof)

I would be grateful for any gear suggestions you may offer.

Thanks and happy tanking!

dlongest
07-13-2008, 07:52 PM
From Sun Eater, you're going to probably King's Defender or maybe Mallet of the Tides. I've been trying for KD myself for 3 months, never even seen it drop. Chant it with Executioner, whichever one you get.

I think some people like Quickening Blade of the Prince for a threat weapon as well (Heroic MgT, Kael drop).

Daniel

Throng
07-14-2008, 05:17 AM
It sounds like you need King's Defender unless you're about to start on Lurker. We have had Kara on farm for months and never saw it until recently, then we happened to have 2 groups running Kara at the same time and it dropped for both. I already had the Mallet of the Tides by then so passed... :rolleyes:
You could also try for Breeching Comet from heroic MgT. In any case, The Sun Eater will be your best avoidance weapon for a long time.

clavarnway
07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Quickening Blade of the Prince is an easily accessible item that is higher threat than The Sun Eater.

Prof
07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
TY all for the advice

2drunk2funk
07-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I have just got and already have the [ITEM="The Sun Eater" with mongoose and [ITEM="King's Defender"[/ITEM] with mongoose. I sometime have low TPS issues so thinking of gemming it with +10 Hit and enchanting with Executioner.
Already posted thread asking if that is a good choice to boost my threat.

I also have the Quickening Blade of the Prince (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34609) sat in the bank but don't intend to use it for tanking, keeping it for levelling to 80!

Okay, how do you link items :/

Shadevarr
07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
quickening blade of the prince with executioner and a very twitchy heroic strike button has produced sickening amounts of threat for me. The highest I've gotten through WWS parses with QBoP was 1075 TPS.