PDA

View Full Version : MS/Blood Frenzy dps and Windfury

Leonydous
07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
During our recent run in Black Temple, I was frequently moved in and out of the Enhancement Shammies group due to subbing people in and out and only having one in the raid to go around. I noticed that when I was in the group, my dps was boosted around 200+ dps (from 750-900 dps to 1000-1100).

Now my questions are, is that normal? Was I just not paying close attention, or did the group make up really make that big a difference? Would other classes/specs see that big of a gain from it? Now I know that the general idea is to stack your top dps, but would say a rogue notice that big a change in their numbers not being in the group? Would numbers like that warrant staying in the "melee" group even though you are not the "top dps?"

Thanks all for your time.

P.S. The melee group consisted of an enhancement shammy, a ret pally, a feral druid, a rogue, and then the variable (either myself, a fury warrior, or another rogue)

Kazeyonoma
07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Group make up is a HUGE factor in dps, especially the enhancement shaman, his totems, and unleashed rage make up for a ton of your dps, especially windfury since with a big slow twohander it makes your windfury procs hit like a dumptruck. I would say that you need another shaman lol, your dps slots are all viable so it's tough that you guys have to sub in and out of them, but yeh, it's perfectly viable to be in the melee group even though you aren't top dps. Just keep in mind that you are a utility class being MS/PVE so if they need to put down more dps by putting a fury warr or rogue in the melee group then so be it, as long as you put up respectable dps and keep 4% debuff on them, your raid as a whole benefits.

Korlong
07-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Most people tend to neglect the benefits of Shamanistic Rage, which is actually huge - almost or as important as Windfury in my opinion.

shiz98
07-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Just keep in mind that you are a utility class being MS/PVE so if they need to put down more dps by putting a fury warr or rogue in the melee group then so be it, as long as you put up respectable dps and keep 4% debuff on them, your raid as a whole benefits.
IIRC, an Arms warrior benefits more from WF due both to the increased damage and from the extra rage, which is needed to maintain a constant rotation.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that an Arms warrior will notice the biggest DPS increase with a WF at the early Hyjal/BT levels and lower.