PDA

View Full Version : Gearing and Gemming

Varil
07-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I've recently been offtanking Kara, and due to the MT taking off am going to have to step up to MT. This last week I was able to split the duty with a paladin slightly better geared than and I we were able to meek our way through (through I couldn't for the life of me stay up during Prince phase 2). I was hoping I could get some suggestions on where to go with my gearing and gemming.

Armory

Currently on plan:

Finish honor grinding tomorrow to grab the S2 Shield.

Keep grabbing badges for the badge bracers, while praying that the Kara ones drop instead.

Save enchant mats for:
Chest - +150 HP
Cloak - Dodge
Weapon - +AGI
Legs - Clefthide
Feet - Boar's

I'm working on getting together the marks and armaments to cap out Aldor faction for better enchant as well.

I guess primarily I'm concerned with my current gemming, wondering if it's keeping my actual health total too low to be able to effectively do some of the encounters. Gemming suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Varil

Minotavros
07-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I think the first thing to do is change your talents around to something a bit more “raid main tank-ish”. I’d drop Improved Taunt, Improved Revenge, Improved Defensive Stance, and Iron Will and put points into Focused Rage, Cruelty, Improved Demo Shout (2 pts) (and assuming you don’t have another warrior in the raid with it), and Improved Heroic Strike (2 pts).

As for the gear, I think you are on the right track with the S2 shield and the badge bracers. Although, if you are clearing Kara weekly, then you might wait the extra 2 weeks or so and get the badge belt instead. The S3 chest piece and S2 shoulders gemmed with stamina gems would also go a long way to getting your HP up. (It is a little low.) A Gyro Balanced Khorium Destroyer would also be a great upgrade for getting more HP.

And of course, it wouldn’t be an “armory rating” post if I didn’t suggest both the trinkets from H MgT. I’d say the 2 biggest things for you to work on are health and expertise, so that works out pretty well. Just my 2 copper.

clavarnway
07-11-2008, 06:45 AM
The Badge bracers are much better than the Kara ones anyhow, don't feel bad about buying them- you will use them for a LONG time.

Varil
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, tonight I was kinda put forward as a main tank, though they didn't give me time to respec before getting me in the instance and going.

Overall, it went pretty well. We had the guild leader bring his very well geared feral druid to pull the slack anywhere I could not, but I was able to do everything except Prince and they opted not to let me try Nightbane.

I was unable to get past phase 2 on Prince and was hoping for some suggestions on tactics to try or specific stats/gear I need to be working towards to accomplish the fight.

As it is, I was sitting at about 17.4k HP buffed, around 56% dodge/block/parry, and 16kish armor. We'd pull him against the wall with misdirect, I'd keep thunder clap, demoralizing, and commanding shout up constantly, agro wasn't an issue. When we popped down into phase two though, he'd blow out my shield block and slip some crushing blows in, often times in a flurry of about 3 - 4 attacks in the matter of a second, which would take me from 100% to 0 before a potion could be popped or shield wall could be activated. Just not quite sure how to get around these huge bursts of damage he seems to be able to pop in while shield block is on cooldown and he's broken the buff itself.

Any ideas would be helpful. :)

Thanks,

Varil