PDA

View Full Version : What kind of DPS should I be putting out?

Arcanewar
07-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi All,

Just wondering, given the gear I have, what Kind of DPS should I be putting out for bosses like Naj through Teron in BT?

Link to Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Arcanewar)

Also, how detrimental is bad FPS for fury? Could that account for lower DPS?

These questions came up last night in a raid.

Thanks

Kazeyonoma
07-10-2008, 09:53 AM
fps for fury isn't as bad as it is for slam warriors, but it definitely can account for lower dps, missing cds on BT and WW add up.

no clue what kinda DPS you should be putting, waiting on another answer.

ebs2002
07-10-2008, 10:32 AM
You have similar stats to what I have as fury, but your weapons are better (on average of +10dps more). I also don't have the whirlwind reduction, which should give you a few more heroic strikes.

I put out about 8-900dps in 10mans in a non-optimal group.

I'm not sure exactly what your numbers should be looking like, but you should be higher than that. This is just a guess, but I'd expect to see about 1300 with windfury on a fairly-stationary fight. Or I could be talking out my ass and be way off :-p

Mediumwell
07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
With windfury, feral druid, and arms warrior in my group I will do around 1400-1500 dps. My gear is decent but not great. FPS can have an effect as well as your latency. On rage winterchill last night my latency shot up to around 900 for the fight (wife started downloading and streaming video) and my dps suffered a bit.

Brainwreck
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
A few things to point out here that may improve your damage.

1. I dont see any blue/purple gems at all. Is your meta getting activated?

2. Whats up with the nethercleft on your pants? Thats 50 AP/12 crit you are missing out on.

Arcanewar
07-10-2008, 12:47 PM
doh, i will correct that tonight.

the legs, well ya, i bought the wrong one, and an hesitant to spend the money on a new armor kit when i might be getting new legs soon.

thanks

Brainwreck
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I see. Well my stats are not far off from yours, (1991 AP/29 crit), but my mainhand is way shittier (talon of the phoenix), and ill pull anywhere from 1200-1500 dps on a melee friendly fight.

I think i only pulled like 970 dps on najentus, but we have only downed him like 3 times and the majority of the raid is more worried about spines/survival than dps thus far. Supremus is a lousy fight to gauge DPS. Akama is your playground, Expect to be pulling insane dps on that fight. Teron is a hard fight to judge, especially if you get marked for death.

We normally run a hunter, enh shaman, and feral druid, so its a pretty sweet setup.

Myzery
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Your group comp and buffs are a huge factor, alongside your gear.

I'd expect low to mid-teens dps with your gear in the right group.

I think you could get more dps with some regemming. An option is to try to get the socket bonus in your chest (+8 str +8str and +4str/+4crit or +5 crit).

You would also see a dps increase by regemming your boots with two +8 str gems and regemming your belt with +8 str gems.

Of course, you have to worry about your meta requirement too so it's a tough balance. I recommend sticking purple or green gems in blue slots where you can get a favorable socket bonus.

Arcanewar
07-11-2008, 04:32 AM
thank you for you input everyone

we rarely have a perfect group for melee, shammies and druids are not abundant.

I know it has probably been explained somewhere else, but what are the benefits of having exe/mongoose over mongoose/mongoose?

Thanks

Kazeyonoma
07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Huge, when Execute procs, you ignore ~830 armor of the mob. This means all of your attacks during this period will hit a % harder than without it. Mongoose will just give you a small % increase to your crit, something that for a fury warrior is valued mainly as a tool to keep flurry up. The more armor penetration you have, the bigger effect this 830 armor Penetration will have. I think in a bare 0 arP set with executioner going off, EJ said it boosts your incoming damage by 4.5% in a standard 3500 armored boss. if you factor in full sunders on the boss that 4.5% climbs because as armor gets closer and closer to 0 the arP scales faster.

hbombs
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM
heroic magister's terrace. run it every day until you get the shard of contempt and the chest piece. your dps will improve nicely. Go prot and tank it if you have to.

with your gear i would think you can do 950-1.5k in a not so ideal group. 1200+ in a stacked group.

GarrettJaxx
07-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Ya get the Shard of Contempt immediately and I'd seriously consider Bloodlust Brooch to bump your AP. Your crit rate, at this level of instance and gear, is less important than your AP, and < 1900 unbuffed is a tad lower than I think you'd do well with. Raid buffs will almost always bring your crit to a respectable level for Flurry Uptime. If you had 2k unbuffed AP, you'd notice a tremendous difference in output.

I echo the sentiments above about the Cobrahide on your legs, and I'd also consider the Crossbow of Relentless Strikes as a suitable substitute for your Rifle - I know the Arcanite Steam-Pistol is nicely rated, but the AP on the Crossbow would do you better than the hit.

PS - just looked at your build - I'm not sure how much, or if at all, 2/5 Unbridled Wrath might be impacting your rage generation, but you have to slowish weapons, and they aren't the same speed, so your rage is probably coming in chunks and spikes (usually fast offhands generate smoother rage build). Now, I'm not suggesting you switch to a fast off-hand, however, keep in mind that rage-chunks plus some latency plus some off-speed weapon swings could be messing your rotation up.

Do you find that your cooldowns between Bloodthirst and WW and GC are not frequently freed up in the same pattern over the course of a long fight?

Additionally, no points in Iron Will may not mean much, but every stun is some time off target. So while it won't have a real impact on your overall DPS, it is potentially a better move to bring points out of Thunderclap and into IW.