PDA

View Full Version : Badges, Kara, and Me

SimRex
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Kerrgen)

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to spend my badges.

My guild is currently downing everything in Kara except Nightbane, Netherspite, and Shade, so I can assume I'll eventually have the Bracers from Attument, The King's Defender, and the legs from Curator.

I was considering saving up for the Chestplate of Stoicism, but after reading the Badge shopping list on Tankingtips, I'm not so sure. Anyone out there have a suggestion for the best investment of badges, or any heroic gear I should be getting?

Tatt
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Umm, you have 0 badge purchases, so how many badges do you have saved up? I would use venny's list...start at the top and work your way down. Only heroic drop that I can think of that would help you is commendation of kaelthas out of magister's, more stam than the rocket launcher plus the dodge proc.

SimRex
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I have 45 badges at the moment.

Tatt
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Save up another 30 and get the belt.

Kamani
07-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Don't follow a guide. Look at your gear and calculate the biggest upgrade. Factor in badges and upgrades that could drop soon and decide which is your best purchase that way. Replacing an epic belt with an epic belt who only upgrades in threat stats is pointless.

After Kara your guilds next step is ZA, and you need a ton more survivability gear before you can manage any bosses in there.

Also, read the fortifications guide. At your EH level you should be stacking stam gems.

SimRex
07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
After reading the fortifications guide, as well as looking at the EH/avoidance minimums, you're right. I can totally drop all of my avoidance gems in favor of stam gems.

I've also upped my stam by actually enchanting my bracers. >.<

And it looks like my first badge purchase will be the Ring of the Stalwart Protector - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34888)

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Tatt
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Kamani - when did ZA become a survivability test? Your comment just comes down to opinion, most tanks just starting have more issues with threat and taunt resists than survivability. ZA is a dps check, which means the tank needs to keep the threat ceiling high to let dps go all out.

Maybe you disagree with what I thought his first choice should be, but saying the belt is pointless is sort of ignorant.

Kamani
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Kamani - when did ZA become a survivability test? Your comment just comes down to opinion, most tanks just starting have more issues with threat and taunt resists than survivability. ZA is a dps check, which means the tank needs to keep the threat ceiling high to let dps go all out.

Maybe you disagree with what I thought his first choice should be, but saying the belt is pointless is sort of ignorant.

Threat problems don't exist during your first ZA runs. If his guild is still working on clearing Karazhan, chances are his locks do 600ish DPS.(And that's generous) Warlocks(the most threatcapped class) generate 1.59(somewhere around there) damage per threat. 375 TPS. You could do 375 TPS by just spamming Tclap/Demo.

As far as survivability goes, I remember my first time on Nalorakk. Whole group was Kara/blues. It was a slaughter. Took us like a half hour just to finish the gauntlet. For new groups, ZA is definitely a survival test.