PDA

View Full Version : Teron TPS/CB

hbombs
07-08-2008, 08:04 AM
My guild had its first look at teron last night and I was wondering if you could give me some tips.

When I go to BT I raid with around 10 fps. I have zero issues tanking akama, supremus and najentus. On Teron however I get around 4 fps.

Because of this I have been taking 1 or 4 (literally 1 or 4 nothing else lol) crushing blows per fight. I only use my mouse to click pots/last stand and everything else. I'm sort of tanking just using muscle memory going through my rotation and slamming down the keys.

To eliminate crushing blows I'm considering using sheildblock/shield slam and shield block/devestate macros. Will this hurt my tps in any way? And do you think it will solve this problem?

as klor suggested I will be turning my spell detail all the way down as well.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/zbuqyyui2ogyk?s=6842-7048&m) This is our last attempt but you can see all 5 tries on that report.

Hbombs produced 1134 tps (http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report-19864)

Hbombs produced 1238 tps (http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report-19868)

these are a few tps reports from them.

thx in advance.

bludwork
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
dunno is TPS your problem? if not you should probably just worry about not getting crushed.

hbombs
07-08-2008, 09:37 AM
According to my dps threat wasn't a problem. The problem is video lag which doesn't allow me to see when my abilities are coming off cool down accurately. Seems like just doing my rotation is working for the most part but I'm missing shield blocks. Thats why I'm curious if the macro's would work.

Worldie
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Make yourself macros like
#show Shield Slam
/cast Shield Block
/cast Shield Slam

For every skill when on Teron, so you will basically use SB everytime it's up.

It's actually good to have those macros for any boss that crushes where crushings are a issue (basically everything which is not Winterchill) so you don't need to worry about SB cooldown.

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
07-10-2008, 12:30 AM
I had the same problem hbombs. Did you try to decrease the "Spell level detail" option in the video options? This helped me a lot, especially on this fight because the entire raid is in a small area in front of you, and some graphic cards just can't display all the spells with full details (and it is useless by the way...)
Try this and let us know!

hbombs
07-10-2008, 09:06 AM
finally put it down to zero grak butttt then i went upstairs and used my brothers computer! lol. tanked him with a nice 38 fps! omg what a difference.

Still 11 crushes in 6 tries. One resulting in a wipe. Came after a long dodge/miss/parry streak had no rage.. no shield block crush for 12k then 2 reg 9k 9k.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/vprfbeuvbajgm) this is with 33 expertise and around 88 hit.

I think I need to watch my rage bar a bit more and HS a little less. I could also raise my expertise at the expense of some avoidance. hmm.

thx for that macro worldie. I'm going to try it Sunday when we go back.

Xav
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
9k, 9k? That implies no ironshield and no demo shout, both of which should be up when you don't outgear the content. Demo shout always. Gorefiend hits harder than any mob in the entire game, even harder than anything in Sunwell.

headrush
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I dont know about everyone else but in the approximately 10 fights we've had Gorefiend (and 0 glove drops) there has only been one fight where i had 0 crushes. A few times I actually wanted the crush for the rage due to inefficient rage management on my part. Healers always healed through. Also, always, always-- ironshields and demo shout and tc until you outgear him.

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
07-11-2008, 01:07 AM
I agree, last week he killed me with a 12k5 crush, at this moment:
-Demo was up
-Ironshield was down
-Rage starved, didn't had time to hit ESC to cancel my heroic Strike, so no Shield Block

My fault, and no luck :( He really hits HARD, and he will likely kill you if you make even a small error. Even if this encounter is a basic tank n spank fight, I love it! This fight learnt me so much...

Dreadski
07-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Are you the Hbombs from shattered hand? If so hi :). Ok, my fps is usually good but some nights it gets really bad. I have deva bound to 2, SS bound to 3 and revenge bound to 4. Shield block however is bound to R, so it's easily spammable during the regular rotation. Best part about the Gorefiend fight is that you stand still when tanking him, making this process child's play. So just do what you do (spam your threat buttons in order as usual) and spam R for shield block, good to go. Oh yeah, you're wondering about whisper replys. Y.

hbombs
07-14-2008, 06:58 AM
yea its me! We got him last night :) I dropped my resolution down to 800X600. That bought me a few more fps. I could see my cool downs and keep my rotation up a lot better.

P.S. He hooked me up with some gloves!

clavarnway
07-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Grats on the gloves!

On the WWS, what was Arakkas doing? It shows him using tank abilities but obviously Teron is a 1 tank fight. Does he not know the meaning of a dps set?

hbombs
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
HAHA I cant wait to show him this. He is an awesome tank but when it comes to any sort of dps he is lost :) He has been working on his dps gear though.

On the fight we downed him we only brought one Prot Warr and a couple feral druids so they could OT without screwing up raid dps.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/mrtvooq4umu5i?s=10762-11004)

I still took a few crushes on the night but it got much better when I fixed the graphics settings.

Grakzul Slaughtbringer
07-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Hey gratz for the gloves, I definitely need them, oh yeah

I found a macro which can be useful if your pc sucks a bit.

/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1

This sets the very very minimum graphic options in the game (you can't do this in the game options), and this really boost your frame rate. Once Teron is dead, you just have to restore your default settings. This worked fine for me with my former graphic card, hope this help!

Delicatesse
07-15-2008, 02:26 AM
I had the same problem yesterday (Teron first kill). 4-8 FPS constantly, I couldn't use my abilities right. He doesn't seem to hit very hard, at least it was totally healable on 18-19K armor and low avoidance + demo... Who needs ironshields with today's badge rewards, really. I felt like outgearing this boss, the only problem was crappy TPS thanks to low FPS.

Dragaan
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Taking crushes on Teron and ur positive shield block is up at all times? Does your raid fail at killing constructs before they reach teron? If a construct hits you it can eat up a shield block charge leaving you vulnerable to crushes from Teron. Check ur logs and see if that's the case.

BoomBeef
07-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Bombs for this fight you can have your DPS warrior keep Demo up too. Our ARMS warrior specs 5/5 Imp DS so we can use CoR on fights. You got enough to do to keep TPS maxed and yourself safe.