PDA

View Full Version : T5 Warrior Talents?

Balokore
07-08-2008, 07:30 AM
We have gotten down VR and have focused our attention to SSC. We have some attempts in on Lurker, will continue to work on him this week, and begin on hydross now that our resist gear is complete.

Normally we enter the instances with 4 tanks....2 bears and 2 warriors. We all have worked together in some form in the past so everything seems to run as smooth as possible.

The MT of the group (warrior) and I were discussing specs the other night though...DO OTHER GUILDS RAID WARRIOR TANK SPEC'S COMPLEMENT ONE ANOTHER? For instance, does one have talent points in demo shout while the other is maxed in TC? Especially for hydross...we want to make sure we have everything in order.

Would appreciate some input :)

Tatt
07-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Not sure if this applies specifically to ssc, but I would think you would always want your tanks talents to compliment each other, especially if you plan on raiding with the same group every week. TC and Improved demo can be the difference between a healer keeping you standing or you watching lurker 2 shot every raid member, so I would definately want both as maxed as possible. If you bring as fury warrior you can also ask him to spec 5/5 demo and handle that part of the mitigation if it helps or if the tanks need the points somewhere else.

Daimon
07-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I had an OT/MT buddy in our group (we share rolles) that went imp CS, and it was great, he is inactive now :(

Balokore
07-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Resilience gives 0 points, but it still reduces your defense cap to let you put more aggro or resistance gear on. If you have the Gladiator Shield Wall, your defense cap is 472 instead of 490 to be uncrittable (471 for Merciless), and that is a nice bonus when trying to stack resistance gear for Hydross and still trying to be uncritable.

This is from Bergs gear list....

Is this correct? I was unaware that Resilience lowers the Def cap? I realize that is would affect some other important stats (aviodance for one) but, if this is the case, it would certainly help out with jumping on trash (quick treat gen)!

Tatt
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, a lot of tanks will use pvp gear to remain crit immune when they are doing resist sets, just make sure between defense and resilience you still remain crit immune, when you scroll over either number it will tell you how much it reduces your chance to be crit, just add the two.