PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Prot warrior going to Fury

Felsen
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey folks,

I was Prot specced for ages now and pretty much enjoyed it a lot.

I am in a very small and casual guild and we only do 10 mans. Kara is on farm and we are 4/6 in ZA with the goal do clear the place before the expansion hits the stores.

Recently we got a second Prot warrior who joined the guild and as I got a relatively decent dps set I am often asked to switch to Fury for the raids when we lack a dps (second Maintank is a Pala).

In my dps set and Zerker stance I got:
127 hit
2202 Attackpower
29,43 chance to crit

I am doing a decent job considering that I spend all my badges for Tank gear while picking up the more or less unwanted dps gear.

In order to improve my performance a bit I would like to invest into some of the badge gear upgrades.
Question is now what should I replace first.

I thought about buying the fist offhand and crafting Dragonstrike for the mainhand as a lot of endgame Fury warriors still seem to use the strike even though I am not sure how good it still is after the haste nerf and seeing that it doesnt got any stats but stamina.

Besides that I got somehow a hard time to replace the Felsteel Gloves and Shoulders as they both got some nice +crit, +str and hit.

I know + hit is not that important but I think 127 is borderline already.

What would you guys suggest to update first?
I am working on a Red Belt of Battle at the moment but besides that I am a bit clueless because whatever I consider buying will either drop my already low crit or hit.

I would appreciate any suggestions for improving.

For your reference pls find my armory link (Felsen on Nagrand EU):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Felsen

I hope it updates to my dps set soon this is just my silly afk Org custome. ;)

And in case it helps a WWS report from last ZA:
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/6uk3fjhhwfbn1)

Would be great if you could advise on gear improvements and general tips.

Thanks a lot :]

P.S. Almost forgot to add that I dont mind using leather or mail items to improve my performance. So if there are any items in this area which I should consider please let me know as well.

Tatt
07-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Your armory has not updated, so I apologize if my comments are not spot on. Badge fists are excellent, I do not believe you can find anything better in 10 mans, and I think it has been proven here that they outperform dragonstrike as well. Red belt of battle is by far the best belt you can get for oyur gear level, do not hesitate to have 1 made. Your comment about felsteel shoulders and gloves..do you mean ragesteel? If so I had the same problem for a long time. The best upgrade available to you for gloves is picking up Brutal gloves, 1125 points and no rating requirement. Shoulders go for merciless or if there are guild's on your server that do doomlord kazzak he drops a BoE piece called ripfiend shoulderplates, buy them if you can find them. As long as your hit stays over 95 with 3 points in precision you are ok, yes more hit will help but that is the only minimum you have to worry about. If you do not already have merciless or better legs pick them up, they have hit rating on them, as well as a lot of crit. I believe the pvp bracers will be the best you can get for that slot. SSO neck or PVP neck. Shard of contempt is the #1 dps trinket you can pick up until sunwell, if you do not already have it get back to magister's till you can get it. The chest and leather boots their are also very nice. Their is a very good axe (Breeching Comet) that is very good till you can get the badges. Have a vengeance wrap crafted, or spend the badges for dory's embrace. Being an engineer I assume you have the dps goggles? Ironstriders of urgency are good till you get skullshatter warboots. Hope that is enough information to get you started, sorry about crushing oyu with the wall of text :)

Felsen
07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Hey and thanks for the quick reply. :)

I was ofc talking about the ragesteel shoulders, gloves just mixed the names up. :)

I bought the Vengeful Gloves recently (stupid me not waiting for a few more Arena points) and got the Merciless Shoulders as well but gemmed them for tanking as I got absolutely no luck with any PvE tank shoulder drops so far.

Besides that I think I got all the recommendations you made. Eng googles, SSO Aldor Neck, PvP bracers and the Ironstrider Boots.

As weapons I use Fury in offhand and the S1 mace with executioner in the Mainhand. I got the Comet as well but just enchanted with Crusader for now as I am a bit low on gold at the moment, hence I stick with the S1 mace for PvE.

Shard is still on my to do list but got to convince my guildies that they have to do Magisters with me again...We farmed it already some time for the tank trinket, so they might hate me if I force them to get back in there. :D

So in the end it seems I should rather look for the PvP items than badge gear?

Was thinking about replacing my Ragesteel Gloves with the Vengeful Gladiator ones and the Shoulder with the Pauldrons of Gruesome Fate but not sure if the Armor Penetration really makes up for the loss of crit I get from the Ragesteel ones. :S

Bah really frustrated at the moment...gearing up as tank is much easier it seems.

GarrettJaxx
07-08-2008, 10:31 AM
PvP items will give you stam and crit or AP, but usually not all three. There are exceptions, of course, just, as a general rule, PvP items aren't the best upgrades for Fury raiders (again I say usually, not always the case).

I'd check out the badge Gauntlets of Rapidity before the PvP gloves.

Kazeyonoma
07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
a lot of pvp gear is well itemized, aside from wasted points in stam and resil, most warrior pvp gear gives you Str which converts 2:1 for AP. I wear mostly my pvp gear when I dps and I have topped meters before.

ebs2002
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
S3 legs and helm are both amazing, they have Str/Crit/Hit/ArmorPenetration. Chest I believe is the same, although since I'm an armorsmith I have the Bulwark of Ancient Kings instead. The S4 items are even better if you have the rating.

For gloves, the 2.4 badge mail gloves are great (I haven't checked to see how they compare to S4 gloves yet though)

If you're looking to spend your badges, get the 2.4 badge ring, Angelista's Revenge or whatever it's called, and the fist weapons. Those three are going to last you until late T6 or sunwell, and I am pretty sure that the main-hand is better than anything you could armorsmith, but I may be mistaken.

For shoulders, I think the best ones available to you right now are the ones from Heroic Magister's Terrace...either the plate ones or the leather ones (the plate ones are slightly better for me, but I'd check the fury DPS spreadsheet to see which are better for you)

Tatt
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Aren't the ones from magister's the ones with all haste? I still like merciless or ragesteel better.

ebs2002
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Merciless Gladiator's Plate Shoulders. 29str 27crit, 2sockets.
Shoulderplates of Everlasting Pain. 30str 21haste, 2sockets. Socket Bonus +3str if you go blue/yellow
Shoulderpads of the Silvermoon Retainer. 62ap 23hit 35agi (1.06%crit), 0 sockets.

Assuming you have King's and are using red gems:
S2: 99ap, 1.22% crit (+8str/+8str)
Plate w/socket bonus: 90.2ap, 0.18% crit, 1.33% haste (4str/6sta and 4str/4crit)
Plate w/o bonus: 101.2ap, 1.33% haste (8str/8str)
Leather: 62ap, 1.16%crit, 23hit

Comparing now: the plate with the socket bonus trades ~8ap and 1% crit for 1.3% haste. If you're not going below, say, 30% crit with the MgT plate shoulders, it's the best bang for your buck. And if your hit rating is a little low, the leather keeps your crit up and ups your hit.

Personally, I'm not underestimating the benefits of haste.

Tatt
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Guess I am still just lol'ing at the warriors on my server with 1700 AP, 24% crit, BUT LOOK AT MY WTF PWNING DRAGONSTRIKES MAN!!!!!!

GarrettJaxx
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
lol Tatt