PDA

View Full Version : Improving for ZA and Beyond

Agrivain
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
My armory is: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Agrivain)

My guild gears Karazhan each week, and is in the process of learning ZA, having only gone in once at the tail-end of a Kara clear. Nalorakk down in one attempt so far, two healers.

We are considering either forming an alliance or aggressively expanding in order to see some more 25s content, although we plan to be a WotLK 10s guild.

I would be interested in upgrades to be found among currently available gear (other than the boots, I know...) as well as a check-up of my gear and enchants. I also have a Mongoose'd Sun Eater that I use for fights like Prince, Nightbane, and Nalorakk.

What order should I look to get my upgrades in? My current plan for badge use is Bracers -> Ring -> Leggings -> Gloves.

I am considering replacing my metagem with +18 stamina, since most of my threat seems like it will be Expertise and Hit based for the foreseeable future. Wise?

Thanks for any tips.

Rak
07-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Woot another ShC tank finally posted here! You can hit me up on Raax if you have any questions, I'm usually bored and willing to help people.

For gear:
Shoulders from Netherspite. Or better yet, get the shoulders from High King Maulgar. I know Ashes is into the 10 man thing, but you guys should consider doing a joint-guild run of it or something. HKM is *really* easy.
Grab the badge bracers. Green Fortress are not very good.
Get the gloves off Maiden, or get the badge gloves.
Get the badge pants. Either the old or new ones. Both are a big upgrade for you.
There are two boot upgrades in Kara. Bear boss in ZA drops really good boots. Or you could do what I did, and use the pvp boots, since they're amazing for effective health.
Badge ring, or ring from Shade.
Get both trinkets from heroic Magister's. You'll use them for pretty much ever.

All pretty obvious upgrades and I'm sure you already had them in mind but there really isn't much else to say. ZA gear isn't a big deal with all the new badge gear, and you aren't looking into 25 mans, so there isn't much else to say.

Agrivain
07-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Hmm, are Netherspite's shoulders really an upgrade? I was uncertain, due to the combined health and armor difference.

Not an immediate issue either way - my Prot Paladin offtank is still using the normal Underbog blue. I will obviously be passing on the first pair. =x

We *are* interested in either forming an alliance to run 25s, or expand a bit to do so in-guild, so I am definitely interested in advice for maxing out for them.

Trinkets are something I haven't put much thought into, being pretty happy with my array - perhaps I'll change my mind, but at this point, I can't imagine ever not using my Pocket Watch on any non-trivial fight. It is possibly the single most important item that has dropped for me. I see the wisdom of Commendation over my Darkmoon Card, though.

Lastly, *great* call on the plate boots - for some reason, even though I grabbed the S2 shoulders over Bold for the precise reason you've outlined, the greaves slipped my mind. Time to get a 1700 rated team!

Thanks for your tips.

Rak
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Hmm, are Netherspite's shoulders really an upgrade? I was uncertain, due to the combined health and armor difference.
Nope. I glanced at your shoulders quickly and thought they were s1. So the Netherspite ones would be a downgrade.

Every tank starts out thinking items like Pocketwatch will never be taken off. Get the Shard of Contempt, because some day you will probably change your mind. I still use both trinkets in Sunwell.

Agrivain
07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Merged with first post, with a merged thread!

Temig
07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Merged your two threads together in the right forum to keep the relevant responses available. Hope you get some more good suggestions here =)

Agrivain
07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks, Temig. Sorry for not reading the sticky in the first place. ;x