PDA

View Full Version : Fool's bane Vs prince's quickening

fastidius
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
MAINHAND USE

Firstly i'm an orc so no racial bonuses...and most of my DPSing happens in Kara/ZA atm

Fool's Bane
One-Hand Mace
159 - 296 Damage Speed 2.60
(87.5 damage per second)
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Stamina
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 24 (1.09% @ L70).
Equip: Increases attack power by 30.

Vs

Quickening Blade of the Prince
Binds when picked up
One-Hand Sword
96 - 180 Damage Speed 1.50
(92.0 damage per second)
+27 Stamina
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases attack power by 38.
Equip: Your attacks ignore 126 of your opponent's armor.

I know it's sorta a fast slow argument which is normally slower is better however is it better to have faster mainhand if whirlwind is out of the equation? I fight in alot of CC and tend to use more HS than WW in raids over a full run. I'm currently running at 300 ArP with executioner ontop.

I also have a 44/17 build so it's got 20% + crit damage and the 3% meta so more swings = more damage = more flurry

Is there a spreadsheet that copes with ArP and HS over Whirlwind?
Anything i'm overlooking?

The crit rating i don't mind i can itemize around it so i think it's an argument over extra HS damage vs quantity of swings Vs Rage Generation. MaxDPS reckons fool's bane but that equates whirlwind which is flawed for most fights. I'm pretty confident it's still fool's bane but i'm just looking for confirmation.

ebs2002
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I also have a 44/17 build so it's got 20% + crit damage and the 3% meta so more swings = more damage = more flurry
Flurry is charged based on number of swings, so that logic fails, because faster swings = more crits, and more crits = more flurry procs, but faster swings = faster flurry consumption.

Flurry isn't affected by fast or slow weapon speeds.

A faster weapon is more suited to HS spamming, and if you aren't using Whirlwind then your weapon speed doesn't matter at all..

If you're not using whirlwind, pick the weapon with more DPS.

All of that being said, why aren't you whirlwinding? Most boss fights don't have CC parked anywhere near the adds, you should be able to whirlwind to your heart's content. And if you're talking about 5man trash clearing, you don't need to worry about min-maxing there because they die so fast anyway, and there's not much need to do "OMGMOARDEEPEES!"

And in Kara/ZA, your CC should be sheeping/shackling/trapping well away from the main target. If they aren't, then they're doing it wrong :p

Tatt
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
"OMGMOARDEEPEES!"

rofl :)