PDA

View Full Version : Gemming on Bulwark of the Amani Empire

Throng
07-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi guys,

Having just swapped out all of my crappy old gems for the badge ones, my new shield dropped in ZA last night. I also have the Gruul and Nightbane shields.

Throngy of Thunderhorn EU (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Throngy)

I'll get it enchanted with +18 stam this evening, but should I stick a +10 Dodge gem in there and get the +3 Stam socket bonus or am I lacking something else? Or, bearing in mind the other shields I have, should I be gemming this one for a particular gear set?

Many thanks!

Daimon
07-07-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't remember the gruul one stats but personally I gem the socket shields w 15stam, speacilly those w nice stam on it, skip the bonus imo

thedrawrf
07-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow we are clones gear wise, lol. Stick a 15 stam in that thing, for sure.

Throng
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I wanted to use it tonight so I already stuck the +10 dodge in... Regemming isn't a problem so keep the advice coming :)

ebs2002
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I've always been a fan of going +5dodge/+7sta for red sockets that give a stamina bonus. This is especially true when you're only using blue gems (4dodge/9sta vs 12sta, imo 3sta is worth 4 dodge...is 5sta worth 5dodge? I'd say so, myself).

My gemming philosophy is that I put in sta-hybrid gems if:
The socket bonus only is a sacrifice of 2 blues or less (not for a RRY, for instance)
The socket bonus is +3sta, +4sta, or +6sta

If one or both of those are false, then I go straight sta, otherwise I go with 4def/6sta and 4dodge/6sta (or in epic case, 5dodge/7sta or 5def/7sta).