PDA

View Full Version : Warrs being better off with less resil

agill15806
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
less resil = more rage from a crit, blood craze and enrage proc? more burst damage?

say for 2s arena with a healer

Ukyo
07-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Depends on the gear you're switching from. If you're switching say Guardian's Plate Boots for Dreadboots of the Legion or rings and trinkets, then yeah, you might see an improvement, but pre BT/MH gear, i don't think you'll see that much of an improvement

Bloodwraith
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Actually blizz has crit procs set-up so that if the attack was meant to be a crit, but resil countered the crit, it will still give you the proc.

In case you hadn't, there is a general change in 2.0.7 which has more relevance to Warriors than other classes.

Any effect which benefits the victim of a critical strike will now trigger even if resilience converted the attack from a critical strike to a normal strike; this applies to melee, ranged, and spell. The affected talents, abilities, and items are: "Eye for an Eye", "Blessed Resilience", "Enrage", "Martyrdom", "Blood Craze", "Eye of the Storm", and "Bonespike Shoulder".

This applies to those Warriors who may stack resilience, but fear that it reduces effectiveness of certain abilities gained through being crit. Resilience won't interfere with you popping enrage!

Of other note, the devs have been looking at threat generation closely and we continue to get harder numbers and data regularly. It is possible changes to threat generation are down the road. When I hear more, so will you.

This was in patch 2.0.7, this was posted Tseric on the warrior forums.

Brucimus
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I run around in mostly pvp gear and i'ts funny how often Enrage pops...I just had burning tower crit me just in time to overpower a rogue for 2K ...it was hot

Kazeyonoma
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
well, technically true, blizz has no actual way of "checking if it was a crit that was reduced by resil to a normal", it simply can't happen with a 1 roll system. What they implemented instead was a secondary roll, that happens everytime you get hit, based on your resilience, to see if any one of your procs can go off. This is easy to check,

Go stand in a fire. you'll eventually see enrage OR blood craze go off or both. But notice it is neither a crit, nor will they both fire off at the same time always. It's all randomized now but the chance of it happening is affected by your resil. So having less resil, not necessarily good. In 2v2s, if I saw a warrior wearing mostly pve gear, I'd wreck his face, I don't give a crap about his healer, you're easier to kill now.

Kazaganthi
07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
At higher levels, this would be a bad idea. It might work for the lower ones though. The problem is teams like mage/rogue already blow up warriors if you aren't careful. Resil can save ya. Also against a mirror match team, the warrior with more resil's healer can usually win the mana battle. I wouldn't recommend trying it past 1800.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
or 1650 in the current state of season 4, you've got gladiator teams still looming around in the 1600-1800's, soo =x

ttocs
07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I think it was this way early S3 as well. It'll take a month+ for all the ratings to spread out accordingly.

Though, I do remember quite a few reroll teams in even th 1500-1600 brackets in my battlegroup later in the season (Stormstrike, I don't know the number)

Kazeyonoma
07-08-2008, 11:01 AM
yeh mine was the same =(