PDA

View Full Version : Gem Selection and General Upgrades

Lorvak
07-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Ok, like everyone else...looking for suggestions.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Lorvak)
*All Unbuffed*
14,484 HP
16,680 Armor
545 Defense
Dodge: 24.23
Block: 23.76
Parry: 19.24

I am 10 badges from the New Sunwell Ring and I believe that will be my next purchase. Primarily though, I am interested in getting feedback on Gemming. As I progressed through Heros/Kara I started replacing stam with dodge/parry gems...and I guess just want to see if I should replace the rest of the stam, or make any adjustments to the rest of my gems. Also, are ther any blatant upgrades I have missed along the way?

Not fortunate enough to get teh Shield from NIghtbane, or the Shoulders from Netherspite...so outside of those, anything I'm missing?

Currently clearing Kara, and starting in ZA...very limited on 25 mans.
Thanks in advance.

Fyran
07-06-2008, 04:59 AM
I'd say get the S2 shield until the ZA one drops, it's a major upgrade towards EH due to extremely high armor and stam.

You're way above the 490 def mark, so if you get a chance, try to swap your +def trinket against a stamina one (Heroic MgT).

You could also swap your meta for the 12 def + 10% SBV one.

Pinger
07-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Ok, like everyone else...looking for suggestions.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Lorvak)
*All Unbuffed*
14,484 HP
16,680 Armor
545 Defense
Dodge: 24.23
Block: 23.76
Parry: 19.24

I am 10 badges from the New Sunwell Ring and I believe that will be my next purchase. Primarily though, I am interested in getting feedback on Gemming. As I progressed through Heros/Kara I started replacing stam with dodge/parry gems...and I guess just want to see if I should replace the rest of the stam, or make any adjustments to the rest of my gems. Also, are ther any blatant upgrades I have missed along the way?

Not fortunate enough to get teh Shield from NIghtbane, or the Shoulders from Netherspite...so outside of those, anything I'm missing?

Currently clearing Kara, and starting in ZA...very limited on 25 mans.
Thanks in advance.

Plenty of avoidance, go go more stam/armour.

S2 shield is a very decent upgrade or the shield from SSO. Trinket from hmgt to replace regal. Badge expertise bracer and the neck are fantastic items, and I couldn't recommend them for you enough. :)

Lorvak
07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Awesome, thanks guys. Actually been working on finishing out my SSo rep for the shield and possibly the neck. But I will def go ahead and get it and try it out. Also, planning a few guild MGT runs for the trinket, as well as Kaels sword.

Thank you for the help.

clavarnway
07-07-2008, 07:26 AM
You could definitely use more expertise...get the SSO neck ASAP. It's quite better than the one you have, considering your current set and what you need. And both MGT trinkets would be good for you (Shard and Commendation). The SSO exalted Shield is also quite a bit better than what you have.

All in all, I would say get very friendly with Heroic Magisters.