PDA

View Full Version : Potions really needed for Hydross pull?

Throng
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi guys,

We had our first attempt at Hydross last week. I'm the FR tank so I have the honour of pulling him and last week I took 2 invisibility pots and a load of swiftness pots. I used invisibility for the first 2 attempts and they worked fine, and then on my first attempt with swiftness I kinda forgot I needed rage to charge and pretty much ran up to him. :p

What surprised me was that he hardly moved at all, so I was wondering if simply charging him without any pots at all would work just as well?

Domichi
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I usually get in zerker stance and beat on one if the pats until my rage is topped off, let the raid kill the pat then intercept in to Hydross with a queued heroic strike to start the encounter.

Throng
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
That sounds like a plan. The guide I was using (from Bosskillers) suggests that he'd cross the trigger line if you don't use a swiftness potion. I'll just try charge/intercept next time.

Krashtork
07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
No, you don't need the potions. Honestly, if i recall correctly charging is not neccisary either.

Domichi
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah, i don't think the charge is necessary either, but it's fun. He should not cross the line even if you just run in.

Throng
07-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Cool thanks. I'm happy to hear that :)

Rak
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
You can just walk up to him, stay near the wall and just waltz in. Bosskillers says you need to use potions or intecept properly because his aggro range was nerfed at some point after the strats were made.

Derrick
07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
just run over to the right and get some rage off the newly spawning patrol adds, then just walk in to hydross along the wall once you're ready.

Nez
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Ive just ran in normal speed many times with no problems, although it is nice to build up rage with the adds so you can unload when you first get there. Many ways to do this. Its not as hard as the guides make it sound at all.

phaze
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
That sounds like a plan. The guide I was using (from Bosskillers) suggests that he'd cross the trigger line if you don't use a swiftness potion. I'll just try charge/intercept next time.
BossKillers is about 1 year out of date.

No potions are necessary for properly pulling Hydross.

Build rage on the constantly-spawning elementals, then waltz up to Hydross and get to work.

Trual
07-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Invis potions used to be the way to pull him, but this was changed around 2.2 or so. Now you can easily pull him without any help of consumables.

Homunkulus
07-16-2008, 03:33 AM
I haven't tanked hydross for well over a year but I always had problems with swiftness + intercept with him jumping behind me and crossing the line (I am on an Aust ping which during that period was ~500). Invis pots where the solution at the time. How did they change him?

Throng
07-16-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm guessing they nerfed his aggro radius.

Homunkulus
07-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Wow, I'm switched on for not considering that one haha.

elio
07-16-2008, 06:05 AM
You can pretty much walk up to him and tickle him and he wont aggro. His radius was significantly nerfed. Makes the pull trivial.