PDA

View Full Version : Stormherald vs Blade of Harbringers in 2v2 arena

Thunderbrew
07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I mainly do 2s arena, and currently use Stormherald.

I just got 150 badges and I am considering the Blade of the Harbringers.

I do love the stuns, but the axe is allot more white damage, and faster HS hits between MS hits.

Any thoughts on the viability of this?

Kazeyonoma
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
don't do it, the fact that it's a <10 dps increase doesn't constitute the loss of the incredibly powerful mace stun.

If you upgraded to a sword, I'd be more inclined to agree but the blade is an axe, and as many pvp'ers will tell you, 5% more crit gets double whammied by resilience in that it reduces your chance to crit, AND reduces the damage, so having more crits is less important than hitting harder or stunning a healer.

And using HS a lot in pvp is dooming yourself to being rage starved often. I'll admit timing HS correctly is amazing but without sword procs or mace stun procs, you're rage will be somewhat lower.

Ukyo
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
like Kazey said... don't do it, it's not worth it. I can't begin to start counting how many times that freaking mace has doomed my streak of wins all because of the chain stuns...

DAMN YOU STORMHERALD!!

Thunderbrew
07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
OK. I have the sword made too, but I have been favoring the stun over the chance at an extra attack.

Guess the badges are burning a hole in my pocket hehe.

jlafleur
07-02-2008, 06:25 AM
I have both Stormherald and the Blade of the Harbringers. I've been testing the axe in both PVE and PVP including arenas. Stormherald is superior to it in PVP and arenas even without the stun. The damage is just higher. Your opponents insist on not getting smashed in the face by you and try to get away. Alternately, the axe is superior in pve especially with a 2h fury build (21/40).

Bloodwraith
07-02-2008, 07:16 AM
What Kaz said is right. If you don't already have

Dory's Embrace

or

Angelista's Revenge

You should buy those, the majority of PvPer's use their badges on those.