PDA

View Full Version : Progression Order SSC / TK / MH

luminarium
07-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi,

My guild is 2/6 in SSC (Hydross & Lurker) and 1/4 in TK (VR)

We are having a heated discussion about which bosses to go for next (Leo in SSC) (Alar in TK) or the first 2 bosses in MH, or something different we don't know the logical kill order.

If we know the tactics we typically 1 shot all bosses and now were debating who to go for next.

What would u go for after lurker and hydross, or VR in TK and is it worth taking down bosses in MH atm?

Cheers Lumi

Elyvern
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
After Lurker and Hydross, give Morogrim a shot, followed by FLK. Both don't require your raiders to be geared in resist gear. In TK, opt for Solarian and then A'lar, neither strictly requires resist gear either.

You'd probably need at least one tank with 200+ fire resist for Anetheron (2nd boss) in MH. If you haven't gotten to that, you're basically wasting time getting the raid ready and assembled for 1 boss (Rage Winterchill), before getting them to move to another zone.

Eventually though, you will need to move to MH/BT and farm some bosses and trash regularly to get Hearts of Darkness for shadow resist gear for all your mana users for Kaz'rogal and Mother Shahraz. Although I feel right now, your guild can benefit better trying to down bosses in SSC/TK.

My 2 cents.

Shortypop
07-02-2008, 01:35 AM
I'd go either Leo (if you have a fire res tank) or FLK (if got lots of tanks) or Moro. In TK I'd work on Al'ar - he's a bit of a pain but does save some nasty trash reclears if having a bad night on VR or Sol, although Sol is easier.

I'd leave MH trash/Rage until at least two or more bosses down (in one or other or both of TK and SSC) and although we use tanks in FR for ane's infernals a lot og guilds don't.

Del
07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
My advice to the OP is don't get greedy. There's plenty of good encounters left in SSC/TK to strengthen your raid group before you go to hyjal.

From experience, i'd do tidewalker next if you have paladin tanks, then move to FLK.

Leo is the hardest of the bunch in SSC (pre vash)

My guild is in a similar position, we should be be 2/4 TK and 5/6 SSC by the end of the week. We've really had trouble deciding whether to finish out T5 before moving to hyjal or going to hyjal now.

We're sitting around 12-13k raid dps right about now, with good tanks and healers.

chun
07-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Good day,
the guild I am in is at the same stage as you. We downed Hydross
and Lurker in SSC, and downed VR and Solarian in TK. We have been
alternating raids to get folks gear from both SSC and TK.

Our plan is to work on Tidewalker (we've already made attempts and
had him to 30% before our tank healers were watery graved). From
there, do FLK and LEO. Oh, and we didn't have a pally tank for tidewalker,
but handling the murlocs was not bad for 2 warriors and a druid.

Al'ar looks to be a big coordination fight, so we are saving him for a bit
later, as we attempt to improve overall raid-iq and awareness.

We raid 1-2 times per week for about 3 hrs. I hope this helps you in
your decision making process.

Ps. If you work on Solarian. MAKE SURE that everyone has solarian
alarm installed. If not, have those folks that do not have it installed
staying well away from the raid.

Daimon
07-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Having a FR tank will help you for the 1sts in MH and Leo which is not bad. I'd go 5/6 SSC and 2/4 TK which is doable, and spend 1 day in MH to get those 2 down.
In SSC i'd go:
Day 1: Lurker, Tidewalker, FLK (skip Hydross imo to get more time in new fights if hes on farm already, and let him to finish the week or so), you might need to come back to leo later due lack of time;
Day 2: Hydross, Leo, Vashj attempts (a little of wipe wouldn't hurt).
Day 3: TK: VR, Solarian, Alar attemps, (When Alar is in farm do it first of course)
Day 4: MH

jlafleur
07-09-2008, 05:15 AM
We raid SSC/TK 3-5 nights a week. On Sunday, we clear Gruul and Mag afterwards we go and kill Rage in MH. Even without fully clearing SSC or TK, we could kill Rage. Great trash drops in there, Hearts of Darkness and rep are all helpful especially for hunters who can get an arrow upgrade fast. Just stay out of the bubbling clouds of death and Rage will be easy.