PDA

View Full Version : Level 70 Noob Warrior

Senker
07-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Ok so I have been a tank up to Kara. Got board and needed a change.
Got tired of getting ganked all the time by lower level players.
Respec'ed Arms MS with a bit of fury mixed in.
Been grinding BG's with hopes of getting some gear.
Been reading alot of the guides about what and how to do it.
I have developed a few questions.
First off.
S1, S2 gear. (Season) Is this better than the stuff you purchase for honor at Org? If so what is the chain of progression with this armor and the S1 through S4 stuff?
I like the PVP aspect so far. At what point do I start 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 play.
I have a mix of blues and purples now.
I am new to pvp and do not know team tactics at all. Where would someone with my level of experience need to go to start?
Do I just jump on a noob 2v2 or 3v3 team and just let it rip and seee what I can lean? Or should I continue to grind at teh BG's until I get a good starter set of pvp purples then start the arena stuff?

I have been looking for a "guild for the noob" that talks about what to do first. Like First go do BG's until you get to "x" then go and get to "x" then you are ready to do "x" then find "x" and start a 3v3 team.
Something like that. But I have yet to find one. Most guildes are tactic oriented.

Please help a noob get started.
Thanks a bunch.

Senker
Orc MS/ Warrior
Burning Legion

Bloodwraith
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
In terms of PvP sets its goes

Rep->S1->S2->S3->S4

You can start arenas anytime you want, you just need to buy a charter and find partners, the sooner the better, so you can grab some arena gear

You'll probably come across a random other that needs points, preferably for you a resto druid or shaman. Do atleast 10 games a week, the more the merrier, you will get more experienced as time goes by.

Arena Junkies - World of Warcraft PvP Strategy and Discussion (http://www.arenajunkies.com/)

That is a great source for PvP info and strats.

Just find a PvP guild that does arenas and premades together. they will probably be knowledgeable in terms of PvP, and can help you get started. The more PvP'ers you surround yourself with, the more help you will recieve.

Just continue doing BG's to grind toward the honor rewards, and every week do the minimum 10 arena games and you'll gather a decent pvp set in time.

The set that you should be aiming for will look something like this:

Helm: Rep/S2/S3/S4
Neck: Vindicator's/Guardians
Shoudlers:Rep/S2/S3/S4
Cloak: Sergeant's heavy cloak or Dory's embrace
Chest:Rep/S2/S3/S4
Wrist:Vindicator's/Guardians
Hands:Rep/S2/S3/S4
Waist:Vindicator's/Guardians
Legs:Rep/S2/S3/S4
Feet:Vindicator's/Guardians
Ring1:Vindicator's/Guardians
Ring2:Vindicator's or Veterans's
Trinket1: Blue or Epic PvP Medallion (20/45 resil, get out of anything)
Trinket2: Battlemaster's determination or some epic dps trinket
Thrown: S2/S3/S4
2 Hander: S2/S3/S4- mace or sword, I'd suggest mace, would give you an advantage, and you will need all of them that you can get
1 Hander: S2/S3/S4- whichever weapon choice you choose, make the same choice with your one hander for spell reflect situations
Shield:S2/S3/S4

I'm not sure if they sell veteran's/vindicator's anymore, so you might wanna check up on that

Kazeyonoma
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
s1 gear is definitely better than the blue stuff you can buy, but since s4 started i don't think s1 is available anymore, but s2 took it's place. buy this if you can using honor and bg marks.

As for when you can start doing 2s 3s and 5s? do em now. even if you lose all 10 matches, that's arena points that you'll start banking, that you can put towards either the low/non-rating required s4 items, or you can just grab the s3 items at a discounted price.

Uhh, check out some of the threads here about team makeups, or just tel us what kinda make up you have and we can try to draw out a gameplan for you. You definitely need 1 healer as a warrior.

There is no real progression to season gear, grab the best you possibly can get your hands on and use it asap. s4 is the best right now.

Senker
07-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Did alot of reading.
This makes sense
Thanks

Senker
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Did alot of reading.
This makes sense
Thanks for the info guys.
See ya in the BG's and arenas.

Senker