PDA

View Full Version : Kara/heroics, am I ready?

arnock
06-30-2008, 03:51 PM
title pretty much says it, I'm trying to get further along progression-wise before lich king hits, and i was wondering if you guys think i'd be ready for all of kara, or heroics

I've tanked midnight and maiden once, that went fairly well, but the few heroics I've tried haven't gone so well. and yes I know I'm still crushable, just gotta finish leveling engineering for the goggles and perhaps switch out some gems for avoidance gems

anyway, my gear is better now, so I was wondering what you guys think. Am i ready? or not?

my gear: 70 Blood Elf Paladin (http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/77729)

Kerchunk
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
You could do Karazhan, but I personally would not want to participate. It's going to be a real struggle for you after Opera with only 11.5k Health. It's not out of reach if you have a really solid group who is willing to support you, but if you go in with second-rate healers or a PuG you are almost certainly going to get stuck at Curator due to your low Health and Avoidance.

Heroics? Probably fine for the early ones (Mechanar, Slave Pens, Underbog, etc.). I would stay away from Magister's Terrace, Shadow Lab., Durnholde and Shattered Halls if I were you.

I know it's probably too late to take this advice, but I always advise Paladins to go Holy and heal until they can collect Epics from Karazhan and badges for tanking. It's much easier to gear for Healing (not leastwise because you can wear cloth/leather without a second thought) than it is to gear up for Tanking - especially for Paladins. So, Heal your way into regular Karazhan/Gruul/Magtheridon, then use those to gear for Tanking down the line.

arnock
07-01-2008, 07:51 PM
what would you reccommend my health to be for curator onwards?

12k? 13k?

Chosenx
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
12k at an absolute minimum, and that would be as on off-tank (for me personally anyway). The natural sort of progression with kara as a tank is to go in as an off-tank, get more gear (whislt gearing up outside of raids as well via badges/crafting/rep) and once u get a little bit better then you can do the MT role.

I would say 13k hp unbuffed would be able to MT most if not all of kara depending on your group. However, you really should be aiming higher.

It isn't all that hard to gear up to about 13k anyway. After that it does become significantly harder (you basically need new epics to raise your hp). As an OT though, if you get your hp to 12k you will get through it, but I doubt any pugs are going to take you.

Make sure your gems and enchants are the best you can get - you shouldn't be compromising here (unless it is a crap blue, in which case you will upgrade it so don't go all out if you are poor. That being said with dailies you should be able to do it regardless).

The healing advice is good advice though, but you probably don't want to be a healer. Just keep at it and with the right food, buffs and depending on how geared the rest of your raid is, you will do just fine even with average gear.

Also for heroics, get at least 12.5k health. Considering you are a pally, you will probably find a group. But heroics can be very gear discriminate.