PDA

View Full Version : Correct nethersprite strategy

SionaAmanThul
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I've seen several strategies for phase 2. What is the correct one now? LOS him by running out of room or small circle around him?

Thanks

phaze
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I've seen several strategies for phase 2. What is the correct one now? LOS him by running out of room or small circle around him?

Thanks
You can't run out of the room, the door closes. This was added in 2.1 or 2.2 about a year ago, I think? I think it's time you stop using BossKillers. ;)

You can still run away from him and outrange the breath, I believe.

'Correct' is whatever successfully beats the encounter. For Netherspite, both approaches can work. Up to your raid to pick which works best for you.

For my raids: we circle up, dodge the Netherbreaths, and heal anyone who gets unlucky.

Rabidwombat
06-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Being the tank, I pretty much just stand there and hit him. Hell, even when I am not tanking I just stand there and hit him. Other than staying out of void zones, there is not much to the fight between beams. If you are worried about taking too much damage, I think spreading out is the best approach.

dlongest
06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I ran a PUG last night, this is what ended up working for us (ignoring beam assignments, which are the easy part).

- When he Banishes, run get into the windows in the back of the room
- With about 5 seconds to go, I ran back out right towards him. When he unbanished, I started tanking him so he wouldn't kill the others getting into position.
- At this point, all the beam-takers should have recognized the beam location and gotten in place

Then repeat throughout.

If you've got 2 tanks, I would just have them flip-flop the red and green beams back and forth while using a warlock and s priest in the blue beam. Last night, I was the only tank (and the only plate wearer besides the holy pally) so I took red/green, had a hunter take red and rogue take green.

Daniel

jlafleur
06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Run to the far wall. Return when the portals re-appear.

Brutally
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
^ yeah, that's how my guild does it though. Really, like what was said earlier in the thread, w/e works.

Squeegiemama
07-16-2008, 01:20 AM
I've always stood there with one healer while the rest of the raid heads for the windows. They run back just before the portals are set to respawn.

Reod
07-16-2008, 08:42 AM
We full dps him the entire time. No one runs. Everyone fights. FOR SPART.... sorry.

If you get breath targeted on you just run a circle around him or like most of our raid take it in the face. We rarely have anyone die on netherspite unless we are running through someone in greens that doesn't know the fight at all.

Homunkulus
07-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I initially learned netherspite with a really good group who had no problems dancing around him but I always had problems trying to teach other people to do this; I just make them run to the window now :(

uglybbtoo
07-17-2008, 01:07 AM
It's simple if you dont wear plate during the banish phase either run underneath him and stand between his legs or run for the window. The plate wearers just melee him and dance around trying to dodge the breath if it hits them its not going to kill.

Raize
07-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Although you can dance around him and run through him during the banish phase, you also run the risk of him hitting people with his melee attacks as well which hurt a lot if you're not wearing plate :)