PDA

View Full Version : Shedding avoidance for EH/TPS

mikhail
06-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Here are my 2 outfits:Trash/TPS Boss/EH

I am in a guild that is entry level T6. I want to lose some avoidance and pick up EH/TPS and try to stabilize my rage generation. It runs out way too often.

What stats should I prioritize? I know dodge/parry need to drop, and stam BV/BR need to come up. What about strength or agility? I'd like to get my melee damage up. How should I value strength in regard to stamina? I'm also looking at using PVP/arena gear.

I would be grateful for any advice/tips. Thanks for looking.

hbombs
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM
If you are going for threat generation forget about strength/Agility/Block Rating alltogether. Throw on some gear with Expertise > Hit > Block Value. Gear with those sort of items have high stam and armor usually making a nice EH/TPS set.

I am sorry if you know all this and are geared for it already I just cant see your armory from work.

Armstrong
06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Here are my 2 outfits:Trash/TPS Boss/EH

I want to lose some avoidance and pick up EH/TPS and try to stabilize my rage generation. It runs out way too often.

What stats should I prioritize? I know dodge/parry need to drop, and stam BV/BR need to come up.

The single most significant way to improve rage flow would be to pickup 3/3 Imp. HS and 1/1 Anger Management.

Gear-wise, what hbombs said. Expertise > Hit > SBV.

Also, I wouldn't gem for agility. If you want avoidance go for Dodge rating. Using Agi gems to match a red socket is inefficient for a prot warrior. Either use a Dodge gem or ignore the socket bonus if you are going for Stam. The minuscule threat you gain from agi-based crit does not make Agility a viable stat for prot warrior gemming.

The only place where Agility makes some sense is the +15 Agi glove enchant for the avoidance if you're strictly looking to max out survivability. If you're gemming or enchanting for agility anywhere else, you are missing out on a better option.

Garbid
06-27-2008, 09:18 AM
I've seen tanks go oor cause of using shield block/hs on trash. Might even wanna consider hoping for a crushing blow if your really out-gearing what your tanking. No heroic bosses can crush you so don't ever bother with shield-block there.