PDA

View Full Version : New arms warrior

TanktoArms
06-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I've recently swapped from tanking to an arms spec. I'm basically looking for any critiques to my gear that could be made. I know there are A LOT of flaws and would appreciate any improvements that ya'll think could be made.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion%20Circle&n=Dagonet)

Ignore my spec, I misclicked on a couple things and know I need to make changes to that. And yes I know my gems suck too.

TanktoArms
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
also to add the group I am currently running with is only clearing Kara and have bear/eagle killed in ZA. Also working on badges for 100 badge plate legs.

Gorgrim Warcry
06-26-2008, 03:28 AM
I woudlnt get the badge legs, season 3 legs/chest/helm would be my fire priorty. Might drop battle masters for bloodlust brooch. Since your only doing teir 4 level stuff I would drop some hit and get some ap, just use the hit food when you raid. Don't worry about your crit it is gonna be low with your level of gear and sword spec. Even with mostly bt/mh gear I dont break 30 crit.

Get your spec right, 33/28, gem for str keep to your slam rotation and you will be fine, just dont expect anything to spectacular in terms of dps.

TanktoArms
06-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Definately...I know that as arms I'm there for the 4% damage bonus, not extraordinary dps. Although right now I do come in 2nd on the meters, only have a hunter who's better geared than me that beats me right now.

Rishkkin
06-26-2008, 06:36 AM
I also switched to ARMS a few weeks ago and comparing your gear to mine, I'd say you are a good step ahead of me. And since I do fine, you'll do great if you have the skill :-P

Don't fear to use leather or mail pices if they offer better offensive stats than plate. (Granted that no other class wants it, that is) You are there to give a beating, not to take it.

shiz98
06-26-2008, 07:00 PM
just dont expect anything to spectacular in terms of dps.
No. You walk into a raid expecting to do amazing DPS. You try your damned best. "I'm here for BF" is NOT an excuse to do less DPS.

If you expect to do badly, you will. Arms can go toe-to-toe with Fury if played well - it might even beat it if played perfectly. So practice your rotation, gear up properly, and set your goal to top DPS. Anything less and you're shortchanging yourself and your raid.

On the topic of gear...

The 100 badge legs are actually pretty decent for an arms warrior, and it looks like you can use the extra hit. Alternatively, the 2.3 shoulders might be of use. They'll give you the extra hit you need to free up some gem slots, and the ArP will scale decently with what you already have.

You might try socketing your helm with a crit/hit gem to get that extra socket bonus. From there, picking up Angelista's revenge would be an excellent idea.

I know you mentioned your gems are bad, but I feel I should point out that the socket bonus on your bracers aren't worth your current gem config, even if they were blues.

TanktoArms
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
basically I just threw whatever gems I could snag out of my bank to make my meta work...I'm working on getting some diff gems so that it still works while they aren't horrible in the process

shiz98
06-27-2008, 03:55 PM
That's what I figured - can't say I haven't done the same. Just wanted to be sure :)

TanktoArms
06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Shiz i'm kinda curious then...since I'm hitcapped with food now, would you reccommend getting the shoulders first or the legs? Either way it's getting rid of a pvp item out of my pve set(since s1 is horrid)

shiz98
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
It really depends on your progression.

The badge legs can easily last you into T6, while your shoulders are about on par with T5/Hydross/Kazzak shoulders. If you're going to be heading to those bosses any time soon, you might want to pick up the legs purely from a longevity standpoint.

Another option you might want to consider is picking up Ragesteel Shoulders. These give you roughly the same stats as S1, but a bit of extra hit. Grabbing those and the badge legs will allow you to replace a couple hit gems, while giving you a nice increase in DPS.

The only advantage to going with the shoulders is that you will be able to pick up Angelista's Revenge more quickly. It's a great melee ring, and will stack even more nicely with the ArP from your chest/shoulders/cape. I'd really hesitate focusing on ArP at your gear level though - your other stats need buffing.

Gorgrim Warcry
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
No. You walk into a raid expecting to do amazing DPS. You try your damned best. "I'm here for BF" is NOT an excuse to do less DPS.

If you expect to do badly, you will. Arms can go toe-to-toe with Fury if played well - it might even beat it if played perfectly. So practice your rotation, gear up properly, and set your goal to top DPS. Anything less and you're shortchanging yourself and your raid.

If you Arms warrior is beating your fury warrior and your rogues they are either:

Well undergeared
Or they need to L2P

Dismember
06-29-2008, 01:24 AM
also to add the group I am currently running with is only clearing Kara and have bear/eagle killed in ZA. Also working on badges for 100 badge plate legs.

Fancy seeing you here. :p

Keep creaming the rest of our melee DPS. I'm hoping you'll shame them into improving.