PDA

View Full Version : Solarian's Sapphire

hitahoewidabox
06-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Recently obtained Solarian's Sapphire

+30 stamina
Equip: Your Battle Shout ability grants an extra 70 attack power.

Is it worth using over Berserker's Call or Dragonspine Trophy?
If its so important to the melee groups DPS then what would be able to replace it?

Gorgrim Warcry
06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Equip before boss, BS, put on a good trinket. Your group still gets the bonus.

Indris
06-25-2008, 03:16 AM
It's simply the best raiddps trinket you can get in game. There isn't anything better in tBC to replace it with, and I'm pretty certain there won't be anything good enough in WLK either, at least for a while.

hitahoewidabox
06-25-2008, 03:39 AM
If its that good why don't we see more DPS warriors using it? I've never really seen any Warriors using it.

Anglachel
06-25-2008, 05:14 AM
If its that good why don't we see more DPS warriors using it? I've never really seen any Warriors using it.

It depends... maybe you've caught them on their solo sets?

or maybe they are just selfish bastards that care more about their e-peen than the raids success...

Brucimus
06-25-2008, 06:09 AM

Answer :Recount - WowAce Wiki (http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Recount)

Kavtor
06-25-2008, 06:47 AM
It doesn't look as sexy on the armoury when you log out. Anyone who cares about RDPS wears it over anything else while raiding though.

Mediumwell
06-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Best damn trinket in the game, now if I could just get that wench to drop it. When I first started DPS'ing it was with a new guild. I was in a group with two rogues, a drood, and resto shaman. At the beginning of the raid I said "I'm new to this whole dps thing, so if you see me doing anything stupid, feel free to yell at me" the response from the group was "the only thing you can really screw up is not keeping BS up at all times". Yes it's that important. Everyone getting an AP boost outweighs you getting a bigger AP boost/cooldown/proc, whatever.

username17
06-26-2008, 11:05 AM
How is it the best trinket in the game?

I could see it being good if you use it for battle shout and then swap it out.
But other trinkets have much more AP plus equip/use benefits.

Anglachel
06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
it scales with talents, so it provides a sizable AP buff on top of BS to everyone on the melee group. This is a trinket that is meant for use on 25 mans, and should be judged based on that. There are better choices for soloing or smaller group content, but for 25 mans this is as good as it gets.

Tatt
06-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Totally unrelated, but Anglachel, how do you figure out your Main Hand Max Damage that is on your toon display? Just curious.

byechee
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
esp for the 2h blood frenzy warrior, where personal dps suffers at the raid's benefit, this trinket is just another way to increase your utility to the raid, as hopefully you're in a full melee dps group and you can buff the damage of your max dps-ers that much more. if you're not in such a group, or if the melee dps in your guild sucks, i wouldn't worry too much about using it.

Anglachel
06-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Totally unrelated, but Anglachel, how do you figure out your Main Hand Max Damage that is on your toon display? Just curious.

i have no idea, since the sig is automatically generated, but i would assume it takes top end weapon damage + ((AP/14)*weapon speed) or something like that... math is not my forte :P

Brucimus
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
70AP x 5 = 350AP. My rogue guildies love it.

quoted from EJ (http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24537-warrior_arms/)

"I know the top of the article says to not ask about gear, but your best trinket at any point in the game is Solarian's Sapphire. If you get this trinket, you do not unequip it for any reason ever in a raid. The boost to Battle Shout is just as much as your 5 points in Commanding Presence -- and it is affected by Commading Presence. Your groupmates will love you for providing them with a staggering 470 AP boost when you perform Battle Shout (versus 306 untalented with no Sapphire). This makes your Battle Shout the best party buff in the game that isn't Heroism or Bloodlust by a wide margin. You sacrifice some personal DPS for improved group DPS, but you're doing that anyway by providing Blood Frenzy so you may as well do it right.

Some people can't bring themselves to get out of their selfish meter watching to care about group teamwork

Kream
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Some people can't bring themselves to get out of their selfish meter watching to care about group teamwork

On a more selfish note.. if there are 2 DPS warriors this trinket will help get you into the melee group with WF!

hitahoewidabox
06-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the info. Its worth using after all.

Firebug
06-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Equip before boss, BS, put on a good trinket. Your group still gets the bonus.

Actually that is completely FALSE.

Watch your character sheet one of these days. It checks whether you have the trinket equipped in real time and will change the 'buff' accordingly.

Also consider if you have 5/5 commanding presence. that 70 AP buff (to each group member) is now 87.5 or 469 total from battle shout. To each group member. And 30 stam is nothing to laugh about. On enrage fights I actually prefer to use that instead of the commendation, sure its a 21 stam drop for me, but its a huge AP bonus for the rest of the group. (and usually gets me thrown in with the melee dps group, lol!)

Gorgrim Warcry
06-27-2008, 12:41 PM
I said your group, not you....

hbombs
06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
On a more selfish note.. if there are 2 DPS warriors this trinket will help get you into the melee group with WF!

that is so damn smart lol

Crimsonstorm
06-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Best trinket there is if you are in a melee group. By a lot.

Threatmagnet
06-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I think you and your group get the benefit of commanding presence 5/5 on this trinket equal to 87.5 or so attack power bonus of your battle shout. I see it as situational. This would be ideal for an arms warrior in particular during a raid. Namely because I see raid warriors working in tandem. I'm in a heavily caster raid, yet I still equip this trinket when I need 1) extra stamina in the slot retaining utility, too 2) I'm in a properly set group of melee with a shaman, etc.. I mainly break this out during Kaz'rogal/Naj'entus and such.

The exception: perhaps my perspective is a little jaded, but if you are in a group with other melee who don't buy strength/hit food, then what overall good does your 87 extra attack power really do? Assuming that nonetheless you're raiding with people who don't bother to buy consumables.

Hence, I see it as situational. But it is brilliant.

Agris
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
70 ap x 5 raid members = 350 total attack power. At all times. Unless Commanding Presence increases it too.

Berserker's Call give you 90 at all times, 450 for 20 seconds every 2 minutes.

Sapphire wins, imo.

Crimsonstorm
07-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Solarian = 87*5 = 435 AP to your group.

Berserker's = 90 + (360*1/6uptime) = 150 average AP.