PDA

View Full Version : Getting Akil'zon the easy way

Leytur
06-24-2008, 12:35 PM
With a hunter. . . without doing the gauntlet. . . whats the story? Only heard rumors. . . like sentence fragments. . . more drama. . .

hbombs
06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
heh when ZA first came out lets just say we strolled up to eagle boss singing songs and dancing.

Danach
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Works, for whatever reason we found it to be a lot less reliable and buggy the last few times we tried. To be honest I haven't tried it in a long time though. Rogue has similar abilities.

hbombs
06-24-2008, 01:45 PM
leytur like anything else in this game with a little practice eagle gauntlet will be a piece of cake for your group.

I think people didn't like to post about glitch's on these boards but this is old news. We used to have a rogue run up and hit the adds that spawn from behind then run the other way and vanish. this bugged the gauntlet and no birds or adds would spawn. haven't seen it work in over a month maybe two.

Other groups used a hunter and FD. And supposedly mind control did the same.

byechee
06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
the adds coming from the back have relatively low hp. get a couple attacks off on em and the dps will finish it off before anyone dies. the birds also can go relatively untanked assuming they're not all going for the same person. moderate aoe will deal with them relatively quickly.

Leytur
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
If it's a glitch then I don't want to know.

But if it's a semi-legitimate way of getting him then I'm all for it. Anything that gets us closer to that third chest. . .

Brucimus
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I have read about an exploit involving MCing one of the Mobs....I would never use/allow an exploit to win though

Kerchunk
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
It's not a glitch so to speak, just a poorly designed map that allows a Hunter to aggro the Tempest before the gauntlet even starts. No Rogue, MC, FD or invis necessary. Just a standard pull (but not at the standard location).

I'll say no more.

Evilbazza
06-26-2008, 03:41 AM
I think the gauntlet is one of, if not, the most fun encounter in the whole of WOW and look forward to it every time I raid in ZA. Why anyone would want to miss out on it is beyond me.

Leytur
06-26-2008, 05:29 AM
I think the gauntlet is one of, if not, the most fun encounter in the whole of WOW and look forward to it every time I raid in ZA. Why anyone would want to miss out on it is beyond me.

Bear mount.

@Kerchunk

If it's not a glitch or exploit why so hush hush?

kawika
06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
It's not a glitch so to speak, just a poorly designed map that allows a Hunter to aggro the Tempest before the gauntlet even starts. No Rogue, MC, FD or invis necessary. Just a standard pull (but not at the standard location).

I'll say no more.

it's something that isnt intended to work, hence the term "glitch". you can think of it in much the same way as how zath and lorkan used to be kited when facing thekal before they fixed that event.

big thing is whether or not it's a bannable infraction. most times, use of such glitches arent. i remember the whole debate on standing behind the spears in mandy's room. i refused to use that tactic. eventually news started getting out about players getting banned for using said tactic. still took blizz a while to fix the problem.

Leytur
06-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Well due to a 10AM reset, I was able to see the easy way twice. I don't know that I'd call it a glitch or a bug. And I have no problem using it in the future. If Blizzard wanted to fix it I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

Tankar
06-30-2008, 07:03 AM
I found it on Wowwiki:
An alternate strategy on Akil'zon (http://www.wowwiki.com/Akil%27zon) involves pulling the Amani'shi Tempest (http://www.wowwiki.com/Amani%27shi_Tempest) first. From the start point of the gauntlet, head east toward the upper reservoir. Healers and dps should stand in the water, past the first set of lily pads. Tanks, hunters, and warlocks stand on the ground near the cliff. Then the hunter and warlock type "/target Amani'shi Tempest". Have the hunter send his pet, then very slightly after, have the warlock send his Voidwalker (http://www.wowwiki.com/Voidwalker). The Tempest (and possibly two adds) will charge down the cliff. After killing them, the gauntlet can be done without worrying about eagles from above or warriors from behind. This strategy is excellent for both low and high DPS groups.

We tried it last night, saved us a ton of time.

-Tankar

Narshe
06-30-2008, 10:33 PM
You would probably lost more time doing that pull than clearing to the top. If you are having aggro problems in the gauntlet, bring a paladin tank next time.

Kerchunk
07-01-2008, 12:35 AM
You would probably lost more time doing that pull than clearing to the top.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Leytur
07-01-2008, 04:19 AM
Yea it saves I would imagine at least 3 minutes.

And I'm not sure why you would send both a hunter's pet and a lock's pet. We just sent the hunter's pet. Pet dies, mobs come down.

Tankar
07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
You can actually save more time if you have the hunter bring the pet back as soon as it takes damage.

He comes down with 2 Adds and they are pretty easy to take down. We then breezed through the Gauntlet and on to Akil'zon.

We were having trouble with the time on the Gauntlet as we are all slightly undergeared for the instance, and our Warlock is not nearly geared enough.

-Tankar

Tedd
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Gauntlet is the easiest part of the dungeon imo. We blast through it in the time it would take to set up this strategy.

None of our bear mount running groups use this strategy either. Waste of an exploit.

Alent
07-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Why not just have your paladin run up the hill on his mount w/ devo aura, stop just short of the tempest, lolconc as the other tank pulls the tempest and cc/burn the healers, tempest, guardians?

You should be able to get all the way to the top before the birds spawn.

Leytur
07-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Gauntlet is the easiest part of the dungeon imo. We blast through it in the time it would take to set up this strategy.

None of our bear mount running groups use this strategy either. Waste of an exploit.

It might take 1-2 minutes to pull the tempest and get to the start of the gauntlet. I would venture to say for the VAST majority of ZA runs that actually saves time.

Tedd
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
It might take 1-2 minutes to pull the tempest and get to the start of the gauntlet. I would venture to say for the VAST majority of ZA runs that actually saves time.

I dunno, paladin + seed of corruption makes quick work of everything at the same time. We never really stop running up the hill, and our gear isn't that great.

-shrug- whatever works.

Kerchunk
07-01-2008, 12:55 PM

No, you don't. I'm sorry.

Pulling the Tempest down the hill takes ~10 seconds, at most. It's just a pull like any other. There's no "setup" to worry about, and it saves you having to kill at least 4 warriors and 2-3 packs of birds.

Look - it's cool that you do the gauntlet the standard way, and yes it's not that difficult and no it's not necessary for a successful Bear Mount run, but to sit there and claim it doesn't save time (or wastes time!) is just silly.

jfalcon
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't waste my time counting on it... spend your time instead working to do it right... that way when blizzard changes this... you won't be completely stuck... i am sure this is not the intended way of completing this event.

Shadevarr
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Done the gauntlet with every tank combination possible, even two prot warriors with little effort. The tempest first pull lets us get to the boss with 16 minutes on the clock as opposed to 12-13. So for the purpose of getting the timed chests we have started using this.

Will blizzard fix this when ZA will only be ran seriously for a few more months? doubt it. They are taking away bear mounts in the xpac anyways so use the pull, get your bear and be happy.

jfalcon
07-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Done the gauntlet with every tank combination possible, even two prot warriors with little effort. The tempest first pull lets us get to the boss with 16 minutes on the clock as opposed to 12-13. So for the purpose of getting the timed chests we have started using this.

Will blizzard fix this when ZA will only be ran seriously for a few more months? doubt it. They are taking away bear mounts in the xpac anyways so use the pull, get your bear and be happy.

I am trying to teach some of my new warrior tanks how to tank the birds as part of this run... unfortunatly i am a pally and find it very easy (concecration ftw). Is there a rotation that you use that is differnt for tanking the 5-6 birds and the two adds that come up from the bottom? I would like to give them some pointers but... i am not really sure exactly ow to direct them.

Bodasafa
07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Commanding shout, thunderclap, mix in some taunts and concusion blows randomly. Gets the job done as a warrior. If you have alot of rage some cleaves work nice as well.

failnkara
07-23-2008, 12:08 PM
i didnt work when we tryed told hunter to /target tempest couldnt target

Tankar
07-28-2008, 06:56 AM

We did it last night on our ZA run, and it worked for us. You need to put in the full name.

-Tankar

tehgreen
07-30-2008, 09:29 AM
we pull the trash to eagle the intended way, take a prot pally but and generally pull eagle boss with 17 or 18 min on the clock. seems to b for us its faster to just pull it.

Rockatansky
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM

/target Amani'shi Tempest

We did this gautlet last night and pulled Akil'zon with either 15 or 16 mins on the timer. Can't remember which.

Prot Pally
Holy Pally

Mainly T5 and badge gear.

Prot Pally tanks literally everything. 2 warriors that come from behind head straight to the tank if everyone stands inside the consecrate. Hunters, Feral Druid and Spriest target the lowest health mob and focus it down. Mage and Lock do their thing with AoE. Everything gets the mage AoE.

Fast as hell and easy easy easy. Only 2 groups of 2 warriors spawned before we pulled the Tempest. The trick is to get up there as fast as you can and pull the tempest right away. With 3 healers in the group and a prot pally, I don't see the point of using the exploit.

However if you can't find that prot pally, pulling the tempest first is probably the way to do this.