PDA

View Full Version : Staring Leo soon - Looking for advice

Krashtork
06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey Tankspot,

My guild will be starting Leo soon. We are 4/6 SSC so far and only have Leo and Vashj left to kill. We've got a lot of guild momentum and have been progressing nicely so I would like to continue to progress as smooth as possible so that we can hopefully see some T6 before WoTLK.

Anyhow, I have been doing some reseach on the tanking on the Leo fight and hvae come up with mixed ideas.

So far i've heared:
- he hits like a girl, so i should stack BV and hit / expertise.
- Also helps with killing your inner demon.
- he attacks really fast and it adds up so i should stack avoidance.
- he hits like a girl so avoidance is only going to reduce your rage & TPS.
- Avoidance doesn't help you kill your inner demon.
- Go EH so you can soak up the dmg, get a lot of rage and all that.

So what have you guys had success with? So far i'm leaning towards BV.

Danach
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
To be honest, I rarely ever shield blocked on him. He hit so softly that I was never in any danger of dying and my only concern ever in this fight was to generate as much threat as I could, as quickly as I could. Hit and expertise I found to be pretty key for this fight, as missing that first shield slam can spell disaster.

jere
06-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Searing Totems will help keep him in place long enough for you to grab him if you have any shaman.

Shortypop
06-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Searing totems and dps who understand when to stop and start dps. We usually get our druid to tank him, so we're free to go full dps gear but I have tanked him for over 50% in full dps gear (swopped in a sword and shield and swopped to def stance) after the druid died on one of our early attempts - so definitely stack hit, expertise, use battle shout etc.

Homunkulus
07-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Demon's really aren't as hard to deal with as people say. When people say Leo hits like a bitch...they mean it. I used swap out large portions of my gear for DPS stuff (I used to use leather boots too). I'd suggest wearing your hit/expertise gear (10k marks and garona's were helpful here for me). I maintained 491 def, got 140 hit and had 40 something expertise with close to 20 crit. If you don't think your healing can hold it down though tone it back a bit for learning.

jlafleur
07-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Yes, dropping a totem is really handy. I just keep an eye on him as he whirlwinds and as soon as he looks at the totem I know he is done and get ready to pick him up.