PDA

View Full Version : EH/BV vs Avoidance advice

Del
06-24-2008, 08:10 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Delanna)

I'm pretty set in my ways as far as an avoidance tank goes, although i'd welcome the discussion ;). I currently have about 21k health fully raid buffed, and really see no reason to pick up more Stam.

That said, I had some threat issues on Leo last night (as well as killing inner demons). Is this to be expected? Do I need to sell out on BV for this fight?

I have access to BV pieces like the maiden gloves, jungle stompers, etc. But don't use them in favor of avoidance.

Note that i have NO threat problems on lurker/TW, gruul/mag, etc.

hbombs
06-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Its nice and all that your "set" in your ways but you are hurting yourself and your raid. Every encounter is different. Your current armory is absolutely perfect for tanking tidewalker. But in all honesty you look like you don't know what your doing if you try and tank leo in that set up. Research your fights a bit and gear accordingly.

For leo its not about avoidance. In fact avoidance will destroy your TPS. He hits like a girl. So gear for a boss fight that hits like a girl.

I would drop 8% dodge right away. Replace that with expertise and hit to ensure a faster pick up. Block value works great for killing your demon (which is easy as a prot warrior) To kill your demon simply save up rage for when the demon comes. Dev/shield slam but save rage for spell reflect. One spell reflect combined with the dmg you do should kill it.

I literally put autoblocker plus a dps trinket and 2 pieces of all out dps gear for this fight.

Del
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Fair enough. Figure i'll swap in shard of contempt and some BV pieces and see how that goes.

hbombs
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I tanked Leo for our first three kills its rough good luck man. After those three kills we finally got a good prot pally so he tanked him from then on. It was fun but I am glad I didn't have to tank him anymore.

Del
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
We have a very good prot pally...May bite the bullet and go fury.

Thanks alot man

hbombs
06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
go fury? no no just let him tank that one fight.

To be safe you can stay in prot gear (high expertise/hit/BV) as a back up. Thats what I did once the prot pally got killed on the first go of the night. If you want you guys can even fight for threat no big deal.

Once the fight is on farm then you strap on your fury gear just for that one fight. You still want to MT most of the other encounters.

Krashtork
06-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Dropping the shard of contempt is probably not a great idea. As was suggested before, you want a lot of hit / expertise for TPS and to ensure you have a smooth pick up on the phase changes.

hbombs
06-24-2008, 10:16 AM
When I said add the autoblocker and a dps trinket I should have just said autoblocker and shard of contempt(which is an amazing tanking trinket AND dps trinket) When I tanked leo that trinket wasnt available think I used the abacus :)