PDA

View Full Version : What kind of raid DPS for Kaz'Rogal

Sangi
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Our guild has recently stepped into Hyjal. Over the past two weeks we have taken down the first two bosses relatively easily. I have been doing the research for the third boss. It looks like this is the DPS check of the instance. I played around a little bit with the math on the DPS that is required to kill him before his soft enrage. With 13 DPSers and a conservative 10% less life from the NPCs and a 3.5 minutes before the mana drain is too much I came up with an 18K raid DPS. This seems a bit high to me considering what I have heard from rumors is that the DPS check in Sunwell is 22K raid DPS and for VR it is about 8K. From looking through our logs it appears that we are putting out about a steady 12K DPS.

For those that have recently cleared him does this sound around what you had in your WWS logs? The reason I am asking for recently cleared folks is that looking at the WWS history of other guilds it is hard to the estimate the gearing level of the guilds doing the content.

Honorshammer
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
10.5k Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/f3o242oxmkqzw?s=6055-6331) (NPCs finished him off from about 3%). It was one of our slower kills of him. Generally I'm alive at the end but I blew up this time.

The rest of our wws reports on him have expired since we've been concentrating on Kael.

geros
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I can't look back very far in our WWS parses, but I have a 3:30 kill from last week with our raid doing 16.9k dps. No one died, so I'm pretty sure that 3:30 is a conservative estimate for a soft enrage as well as 18k dps.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/nkkpu3qfe2yd5?s=218208-233538)

We're a 5/5 5/9 guild that has had about 5 weeks of farming T6 gloves at that point. We were 3/4 5/6 prior to stepping food in MH, downed him, anth, and rage on first attempts. Most of our players weren't pushing 1k when we first killed kaz, but it wasn't a no death kill either :). You guys should be ok, there's one way to find out!

Muggs
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Our kill was 15k rdps, dropped him right as all the mana users went oom.

Sangi
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks folks I appreciate the answers. Looks like we should be ok. You are right there is only one way to find out. I don't expect a clean kill. I just don't want to put us in a situation where we are hopelessly banging our head against a wall.

phaze
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
With 13 DPSers and a conservative 10% less life from the NPCs and a 3.5 minutes before the mana drain is too much I came up with an 18K raid DPS. This seems a bit high to me

Here's what I posted on our guild boards, when discussing what DPS each player needs to be bringing:

Some rough math, to show what's needed on Kaz'rogal:

4.2M health, you have 3.5 minutes to kill him.
We need 20,000 rDPS to reach that goal.
Let's say the NPCs contribute 4000 rDPS (possibly a bit high if most are dead, but Thrall can also tank at the end to pad the time, so it's a good ballpark number).
1 tank + 7 healers --> 15 DPSers + 2 OT's dpsing --> ~16 DPSers
16000 rDPS / 16 damagers --> 1000 DPS each.

Clifford
06-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Our last WWS showed 14.5K dps for an easy kill. Have 23-manned him before at about 11k dps as I recall.

jtgrosskopf
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
If you're worried about the Marks of Kaz'rogal, you can also have your casters try to wear some Shadow Resist Gear. I'm not sure you you guys have started collecting it for mother, but I know our casters have said that they resist a lot of the Marks while wearing their Shadow Resist Gear.