PDA

View Full Version : Sharing as a Warrior tank in heroic - CC and Savin

stinkycreepy
06-21-2008, 12:42 AM
I am new to this forum. After reading some post in here, I would like to shares some of my thought about doing heroic. IMO, heroic is much harder then raiding as raiding requires more gear and less minor control skill. raiding is about positioning and Coop. But in heroic, you are on your own.

I always do heroic pugz, and rarely having much problemz.

I would say Warrior tank is the most enjoyable class among all tanking class. Alll Pally tank needed is gear and they can aoe tank all. For warrior, skill plays a much importent part then gear does. SKILLZ, what a fascinating word!

Bear with my english, I am not native english speaker.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro:

Decending into the dark dungeon, you and your teamate are exposed into the most lethal air in this creeping place. You talk, and make fun of each other, but the bitterness still remains among the group. The Laughter echos, as if the laughter of the dungeon itself...

You are holding your shield tightly. The shield is the trust of your teamate. Blessed with 15 arcane dust, you know the shield would never fail you. You faced Grim Reaper before, challenged Death himself, and even the Old God laying under the sand of Ahn’Qiraj... The echos should not be a concern for a brave warrior like you.

The echo does not stop, but it is growing, and growing even larger. As if the rain of May, danger itself always presents in the most unexpected way. Indeed you group silenced every sentry and guard as you decending, but there is never a chances not getting wet in rain. Maybe your skill have yet failed you on dealing unexpected event before. But in here, the slightest mistake could bring on the most devastating result, as if a the machinery made by the Goblin...

The triggler has been pulled. The motionless water is not longer. The guard has been warned, and your position has been exposted. The echo of yours has been overwhelmed by echo of the SeZZZering sound of the Naga. You feel their anger, rage.... and perphes your doom?

You shiver for a second, as if to shake such idea out of your mind. Survived many battle, lived to tell many stories, you know at the least you can make it out here alive, even it may cost for a price like before... You look into the eyes of your healer. It reminds you of the Bloodelven priest you once brought into the the Wailing Carven. Her eyes began with such clarity, and ended with a consuming hatred when she is teared apart...

The once forgotten nightmare echos as the Naga is approaching. Her hatred, her pain flowes with her blood into the ground. The last cry of her pain was consumed, by the everlasting nightmare inside the Wailing Carven, as if it was binded to the carven long before. Wailing in barren since then has never ended in barren, as if something in our life, the could never be forgiven...

The chain is broken, and the wheel is turning. Your teamate focused on the evil beyond the dark cave ahead, but the evil laid within, is never noticed...

Before the fight:

In a heroic run, the most importent thing is group member must be picked by YOURSELF. Having a mage is a must, unless u are really skilled, as they can sheep, and most importently they can frost nova or dragon breath. Warrior should never trust trap, seducing, fear and etc. The only 2 CC thou can trust is saping and sheeping (of coz the might be other cases like demon).

Always AWARE those people who are geared with pvp and not having Omen or such. If they are really out geared you, tell them to cast slower.

Know the fight before doing heroic. You know you need a lock in H mech. You know you need a lock in H bf. You know you need a shammy for H UB. Better wait for the right person then wippping.

Knows how to pull and what to CC. Mobz with a stick is usually a caster, and mobz with a sword or hammr usually a melee. Dont get stuck in the middle after pullin, finding a mobz shooting thy caster dead.

If thou really not knowing the fight, give the leader to someone your trust in the team and have them do the marking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When fighting:

Master muli-mobz pulling. Warrior usually do too much then they should on a single mobz. Having a shield slam on X, devs the skull, stun the 3rd is the basic skillz. If not, simplying increse your shield block value thus more thread by Shield slam. Grab aggro BEFORE they get to your team as you need to keep distance!

Of coz everyone have their own ways to do so mobz pulling, and it is left to thee to explore. Wipping around 30 times will help you get the sense of it. = ) (Alternatively, you can try to tank the NPC flag guard in AV battlefield to get the feeling of 4 mobz tanking Oo)

Caster and range unit may hit lesser then they seems to be. Sometimes you can assign a shammy or hunter to tank a mob. They have many ability to survive on thier own.

Dont use hunter and lockz unless there is more mobz then u can handle with only sheep and sap. If it is a must, warn them this is a dangrous fight before you do the assignment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When CC fails:

I AM HERE TO SAY I AM FEELING SO SAD FOR WARRIOR NOT HAVING RANGED TAUNT!

Very importent is to face your team and keep distance with healer, for me at least. Many thing I suggested below require your attention on the team.

Not having a ranged taunt, warrior has a UBER ability called Intervene. This skill is hard to master as Intervene itself is not much useful but only useful with Taunt or Concussion Blow. Disarms work sometimes, but still may kill healer in 1 or 2 shot. Thus it is very importent to have at least a taunt or a concussion blow up anytime!

Screw with leave no men behind! Sometime if a dpser out damage the thread you, YOU CAN LEAVE THEM DEAD as soon as he is not healer. Rez them, and yell at them, "I told you to give me some time to grab aggro!" You are the tank, you are the biggest! = P

Saving you skill dont give you extra money, so use you challegeing shout before your healer die, even it is just a little sign of losting control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When Low in HP:

Concussion Blow Intervene Disarm Demo Shout and TC

Some mobz do hit very hard. You can either Intervene to run to the team giving little extra time to heal. Or you can use last stand. Again, Dont SAVE your shield wallz!

Always kick the ass of those shammy who say I will only use bloodlust when fighting boss. Bloodlust on a healer is UBER.

If still cant do, thats mean you are undergeared or out of luck. :cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There is some Heroic that is really hard for a warrior tank and i will bascially not takie them into concidertion, like Heroic Shatter. It is not impossible, but it is hard. If you have any idea, please post it to let me know!

There maybe much more to be told by other and other people may have better idea then me. Please leave a post and share it with other!

dlongest
06-21-2008, 10:29 AM
The only 2 CC thou can trust is saping and sheeping (of coz the might be other cases like demon).

I trust the CC from a skilled, competent player. I distrust the CC of a player that is incompetent or incapable for whatever reason. There are plenty of mages not worth a crap.

Daniel

Kazuma
06-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think CC is a must. I can tank up to 4 mobs easily with TC. It's more a question of "Are you able to survive 4 mobs beating on you on Heroic". So it comes down to the equipment you have. When you still wearing blues you should probably bring a lot of CC. When outgearing the instance you should just tank everything. This way you will at least have some rage ;)

I will also never understand this attitute of not taunting for DPS. I mean, really, why souldn't you?
If everyone targets the focus mob and some DPS pulls aggro, why would you want to save your taunt for your healer. The healer will not pull aggro from any mob in this situation. Just taunt the focus mob and it probably will even die bevor the taunt wears off. Really, it will make the instance a lot smoother belive me.

You might have a point if some retard dps is dpsing the wrong mob or a hunter thinks he can multishot right away, pulling aggro of 2 non focus mobs, or a warrior permanently whirlwinding. Tell those retards, that you are not a paly and they should wait longer bevore using ther AE abilities.
There is no reason to not taunt for dps when you run with a competent group.

Kazuma

stinkycreepy
06-22-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't think CC is a must. I can tank up to 4 mobs easily with TC. It's more a question of "Are you able to survive 4 mobs beating on you on Heroic". So it comes down to the equipment you have. When you still wearing blues you should probably bring a lot of CC. When outgearing the instance you should just tank everything. This way you will at least have some rage ;)

I will also never understand this attitute of not taunting for DPS. I mean, really, why souldn't you?
If everyone targets the focus mob and some DPS pulls aggro, why would you want to save your taunt for your healer. The healer will not pull aggro from any mob in this situation. Just taunt the focus mob and it probably will even die bevor the taunt wears off. Really, it will make the instance a lot smoother belive me.

You might have a point if some retard dps is dpsing the wrong mob or a hunter thinks he can multishot right away, pulling aggro of 2 non focus mobs, or a warrior permanently whirlwinding. Tell those retards, that you are not a paly and they should wait longer bevore using ther AE abilities.
There is no reason to not taunt for dps when you run with a competent group.

Kazuma

The problem is TC damage is not scaled with your gear.

If you are not geared, healer has to heal largely thus more aggro

If you are geared, and the dps are geared too, a nasty crit could pull aggro as your TC damage is low.

The main problem is TC may cause out of rage thus lost aggro on skull. Also, outgeared could be dangerous for not having enough rage, although indeed it rarely happened. Having a few sec to grab aggro before dpsing is always a good idea.

Indeed warrior would need less and less CC as your gear and skillz advance. By the end you might find out that what you need is only a TC to hold aggro. But at that time I think you dont need to read my post =D

For me, TC is used only in hard hitting mobz or spawn adds. For example the 2nd boss in Heroic Ramp that spawns fel puppy. The fel puppies usually rush to healer. TC is useful there to quickly have the adds focus on you, and buy more time for dps to catch it.

Maybe I didnt say very clear about the point of not saving the dps. That part is about mistake and CC breaking. It is no matter who's falut - meaning it could be that mistake you or your dpser make. Tank may find that both of their taunt and stun are not up when losing mobz aggro at the time. The most important people in the group is always healer, then yourself. Dpser might be a bit tougher then you think, mage have blink, shammy has shield, hunter has MD or feig death and rogue has dodge. Only healer would get more and more aggro as the situation get bad. Don;t have your healer dead just because you are trying to taunt a mobz that has been kitted by a hunter.

Frankly, it is more a experince then what can be written in words. As you do more and more heroic, you may able to determind do you need to have one or two dpser down to save the group or who to save first in a multi mob losing aggro cast. As I said, you at least has to wipe 30 time to get the feeling.