PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about damage

Dramin
06-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I know for casters there is a point when you stop stacking spell damage and shoot for a higher crit %.

Does this hold true for warriors as well?

I have done reading in this forum but I guess I'm not getting how to weigh stats when gearing up. I understand that STR / AP is typically #1 but what else should I look for? When should I worry about +haste items? Are there magic numbers that are definitive? ex) "Shoot for X amount of AP, then X amount of Crit, and finally X amount of haste"

Krigermannen
06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Short answer: No. Balanced stats is pretty much "the" best to my knowledge. After you have 142 ( for arms ) or 95 hit rating.

Synza
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
It depends on what content you're into, but assuming you're starting 10-mans (otherwise you'd probably know this by now...) you should be shooting for hit capped (9% arms, 6% fury when talented) then about 1500 AP in Battle Stance and about 25% crit in battle stance (if fury).

Dramin
06-20-2008, 11:20 AM
but assuming you're starting 10-mans (otherwise you'd probably know this by now...)

No - I've played a warrior for 3 years... Prot.

The ZA group we do on non 25 man days is looking to push for 4 chests and I've accumulated quite a few pieces for DPS ie 2 heartless and more as I've usually been the only plate wearer in the group.

Our progressions we're into 25's (just about cleared the T5) and the group I do ZA with has cleared it multiple times but with me as a tank. Now we have a paladin tank / Druid tank and I was trying to get into the swing of things as fury. I've read corbruisers guide but was just seeing if there were any sort of guides of what to shoot for much like the EH thread that details what you should be around when attempting content.

Synza
06-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Should've said you were a tank (or maybe I missed it)...

Dramin
06-20-2008, 11:55 AM
It's no biggie, I wasn't offended.

Tatt
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately there is no absolute answer, every wow site on the net will have pages of arguments about magic numbers and sweet spots and what not. There are a few iron clads that I have seen in many places:

1. Never gem for hit unless you are below 95 with talents or 142 without.

2. Gem for strength as much as possible.

3. Executioner MH mongoose OH.

Everything else unfortunately is a matter of opinion in most cases. Most of the time I have seen AP>crit until 2000 AP unbuffed, then start pushing crit. Do not start stacking armor penetration until raid buffed you are consistently over 3k AP. Try to get to at least 27-28% crit if not higher to keep flurry up as much as possible. And in most cases haste is the last stat to stack. Again be ready for the flames to start, as I am sure there will be amny people who disagree with some or all of what I have said, but from reading info on different sites that would be the best summary I could provide. Good Luck!

byechee
06-20-2008, 03:07 PM
red sockets = str gem, yellow sockets = str+crit gem if bonus is worth it, gem blue sockets with purple str/crit+stam gems only if you need to meet meta requirements.

Tatt
06-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Agree w/byechee....almost all PVE dps warriors go with the 12 agility/3% increased crit damage meta, which will require 2 blue gems.