PDA

View Full Version : 33/28 or 17/44

Agorwal
06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
About 2 weeks ago I decided I was gonna go 33/28 MS-Slam Spec and got The Blade of Harbingers. I felt good about this spec because I felt I could put out some respectable dps and give a boost to the melee dps as well. But over these last two weeks I've had alot of trouble dpsing as this spec. For one it's alot more involved than fury I have to make sure both my Battle and Demoralizing are up, paying attention to swing timer, consumables, and the mechanics of a fight.

Plus my guild is low on Shamans and doesn't have a single Enhance one and It doesn't look like we'll be getting one soon and this has been a huge hamper on my Damage because without the wf procs I'm rage starved and can only pull off a slam-white hit w/o WW or MS. And after this whole experiment I've really been thinking about going back to Fury.

I have 45 Badges sitting in my Bags. I have a Rage and Malchazeen as my Fury gear and Blade of Harbingers as my 2h. We usually have 3-4 rogues 2 hunters and me as the physical dps. And I was just wondering if 1) I should re-spec fury and bring more damage to the raid by myself, or stay ms-slam. 2) If I do go Fury buy the OH right now or save up for the MH. Thanks in advance for all criticism and advice.

Tatt
06-20-2008, 07:29 AM
I do not see where any criticism would be called for, you just need to see what is helping your raid more, your personal higher dps as fury, or the raid wide dps from blood frenzy and/or MS. I think it has been pretty much accepted that a good fury warrior will always outdps (PVE wise) a good MS warrior with equal gear, but the ms will benefit the raid more. Check WWS and talk to your raid leader about what they expect out of you. If you go fury the badge OH is very sweet, I run with rage and OH badge fist right now :)

Indris
06-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Unless I'm very confused, MS / WW should be used above slam in rage-limited situations.

As for your shaman issue ... resto shammies can drop WF too, check if that's an option - melee without WF misses out a lot more damage than casters without WoA.

Kazeyonoma
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
no, slam is prioritized over the MS/WW when having rage issues.

Slam is not normalized so it will always hit harder then MS let alone WW, and it costs less rage. There is no reason to prioritize MS/WW over Slam in an Imp Slam Build.

shiz98
06-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Slam is not normalized so it will always hit harder then MS let alone WW, and it costs less rage. There is no reason to prioritize MS/WW over Slam in an Imp Slam Build.
Not entirely true - it simply scales better with AP. MS has a couple damage points lead over it, which is only overcome at reasonably high AP levels.

Slam, however, should be your go-to ability - it does the same damage as MS for all intents and purposes, at half the rage, and with no CD. If you're rage starved, stick to a White -> Slam rotation.

If you don't have WF, you'll have a tough time doing good DPS as Arms. I'm not sure if the 4% damage boost to physical will overcome the DPS you sacrifice.

As a point of comparison, I manage to do about 750 DPS as Arms in a 10 man buff-less group (not even a pally to buff might...). In a 25 man as Fury with slightly inferior/unoptimized gear, I can hit ~900 in the "lolgroup" (you know the one - a pally, a mage, a hunter...).