PDA

View Full Version : Sacrolash Confounding Blow

Zph
06-19-2008, 08:18 PM
My guild has downed the Twins already but something that I find very odd and that causes a really annoying wipe more often than I would like it to happen is that after receiving a confounding blow I will get targeted for conflag. I try to trinket out of the blow to run to the conflag spot but the trinket doesn't work. Anyone else having this issue?

weel
06-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah, we have had it a few times also. We said to have the melee move out when it happened, but I don't think any of those tries have led to a kill.

byechee
06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
generally it's thought that conflag will target the person with the 3rd highest aggro on sacrolash's aggro table, and for the most part in our attempts this has held true. just tell dps to be at least 5%-10% or so behind the tanks on omen. the enrage timer should be easy to beat anyway, no need to rush things.

Xav
06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
It's definitely not the 3rd person, it's a random person between the 2nd and 5th on aggro pretty much. We've had the offtank (who's #2 on aggro) targetted frequently enough to make this known.

We call this out on vent when it happens and everyone gets away from that tank who has conflag casting on them. It helps when the other tank currently tanking Sacrolash is aware of it immediately and drags her away, forcing all the keyboard-turning mouthbreathing melee to follow her, so they don't really have to know why they moved, but it saves their life.

Zph
06-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm really surprised that the trinket doesn't work on the Confounding Blow since it says that it removes anything that makes you lose control of your character, I guess Confounding Blow doesn't fall into that category :\

Anyway, I guess that we'll have to start calling this out as well and having the melee move out with the current tank. Unfortunately we do happen to have some of those melee that seem to have every button on they keyboard bound to lolkeyboardturn.

ttocs
06-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Echo what Xav said... just have to make sure people (especially the other tank) pay attention. It could suck for a little bit though, because moving her out of position could lead to more stuns for your ranged/healer group (if you're using the ledge strat)

Dragaan
06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Living action potion?

Xav
06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Living action potion?

Nothing removes Confounding Blow, except probably Divine Shield. Not to mention Ironshield potions are infinitely more valuable.

byechee
06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
ironshields are a must. getting hit 3 times for 24k hp after the other tank got confounded was not fun times.