PDA

View Full Version : A question about the ZA gauntlet.

Ingenia
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I've been asked to bring up the rear (as OT) on the ZA gauntlet a couple of times now and I'm having trouble with the warriors. Most times I get charged and stunned by both warriors who then run past me and into the fray. Is there a way to keep them from charging?

korica
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
The charge doesn't do much damage so you can let them go for someone else then thunderclap em both, haven't really figured out a better way to do that or stop them from charging lol

edit: there might be a minimum range where you could just wait right around the corner, i'll have to try that next time

Tatt
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Don't bears have a charge mechanism? Preemptive charge them?

kawika
06-19-2008, 05:12 PM
normally i tank the ones in front. i rear tanked for the first time a couple of nights ago.

to me seems similar to the gauntlet in shattered halls where things like thunderclap doesnt necessarily get their attention if they're still running to the group. i imagine a pre-emptive feral charge for feral druids could work to get one mob....but the second in the pair would prolly keep on trucking to make it to the rest of the raid.

the idea with letting someone lag to take the charge and you pick them up immediately after seems an ok one as it's what i eventually started doing.

rustyboy
06-19-2008, 06:18 PM
1. Get a hunter to put a frost trap down between you and the raid, so that you get charged and then they get slowed so you can pick them up quicker before they get to the raid.

2. Same thing again but have a mage ready to frost nova as soon as you get charged.

I've tried charging but it only works every now and again depending upon latency and the 2nd one still runs past anyway.

Really anything you have at your disposal.

Ingenia
06-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I can charge one but get stunned by the second. No thunderclap (I'm feral). I'll try getting another to lag behind, that's a good suggestion kawika.
I was hoping there was an OMGDUH easy answer. :P
Thanks for the prompt answers.

Morgo
06-20-2008, 01:04 AM
actually, you should have several people lagging behind, because they don't always choose the furthest person to charge at. I usually just tell everyone to stay close together anyways, so I just stay somewhat in the middle of the group, let them charge whatever hunter/healer/warlock is in the back, and then just pick them up by Shield Slamming the first and taunting the second, get some aggro and drag them right in the middle of the aoe pit, where I usually have to taunt some bird off a mage anyway. Just make sure you are not too eager to pick them up, the won't oneshot people. Getting charged = Angels or dead mages.

Leytur
06-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Have someone else take the charge. Very easy. Then once you see them charge go pick them up. A hunter works well just because I usually leave a hunter on the backside with the OT to clean up those dudes.

Tatt
06-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Lol @ Morgo you jsut told a druid to shield slam a troll :)

jfalcon
06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
When we do this we have our rear guard tank, be it a druid or a warrior, in the middle of the group. We often use a holy pally or a hunter (they have more armor) in the back to take the charge... from there the rear guard change/taunt the to mobs. If they charge into the group... you are right there waiting for them with a thunderclap or swipe. It has worked very successfully for us, we are currently able to take down three timed chests.

Kerchunk
06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
As others have said, don't take the charge yourself. I usually make a Warlock or Hunter stand between the Warriors and myself. They take the charge, I Thunderclap + Cleave and that's it.

Job's done.

dlongest
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
As a warrior, if you time it just right you can land your TC on both targets before the charge stuns you. This keeps them on you til the stun wears off as long as the healer doesn't go gonzo on you. But to be honest, I love the idea of letting a lock or hunter taknig the charge and then picking it up from there so i'm going to try that from now on and see how that works.

Daniel

Morgo
06-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Duh, stupid me... but guess mangle will work just as well :D