PDA

View Full Version : 5man Moroes tanking

Lavache
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
after a less than successful BT run last night i grabbed some competent people and we hit up kara for some fun 5man action. to the surprise of most of us we steamrolled huntsman and maiden, then headed back to moroes who put up quite a fight. we did fine on the adds, but a bad gouge or blind and our healer ate it every time. any advice on how to handle that? if we can get past that little issue i dont think killing him will be a big deal.

group makeup:

warrior
ele. shaman
bm hunter
mage
priest

Tobius
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Did the same thing a little while ago, with the same result on Moroes.

I'm sure its doable though, just have to think of how... obv someone who can offtank moroes would make it a lot easier.

I have heard of some trick where you turn your back on him so he cant gouge, no idea how that would work in practice though.

korica
06-18-2008, 03:02 PM
a couple weeks ago my offtank died right on the pull so I had to solo tank him, what I did was just constantly spin get in a shield slam or w/e when I was facing him. he did not get an incapacitate off on me and even though my tps was really low it was fine since they were killing all the adds first

not sure if I just got lucky or what but it seemed to work well. hope this helps

Lavache
06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
i sort of tried both of those either by design or through random accident and had mixed results. i think we need to adjust our strategy slightly for it to really be effective. hopefully we can get back in there over the weekend and give it another shot.

Raize
06-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I've seen people solo-tank Moroes by simply keeping their back turned. This would be likely easier with a paladin (due to spell dmg), but a warrior can use Zerker stance every cooldown to get hits in without the possiblity of being gouged while keeping their back turned when its on cooldown.

veneretio
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Our 5 man team that's successfully killed Attumen, Moroes, Maiden and Romeo Event is as follows:

Prot Warrior
Shadow Priest
Hunter
Lock
Holy Priest

For Moroes, I simply solo tanked him using the standing inside of him to avoid Gouge trick. Romeo + Juilet was actually more challenging since our Shadow Priest decided to get himself killed early on and we had to 4 man them.

Sirq
06-19-2008, 12:13 AM
or just have the hunter shoot distracting shot at moroes whenever he can at a max range - if you can't figure out the gouge avoiding

Lavache
06-23-2008, 10:34 AM
well. we gave it an hour and a half worth of attempts over the weekend and never quite got there. how important is the SP to the 5man moroes group? our healer and shaman ran out of mana a couple times and if i did get a gouge the priest was toast.

Brucimus
06-23-2008, 11:29 AM
does the pvp trinket work on gouge?

veneretio
06-23-2008, 12:43 PM
does the pvp trinket work on gouge?
Nope.

The spreist is extremely useful as it's not only more mana, but also an additional CC. If you you'd like to avoid the solo tank Moroes approach, I'd recommend taking a Feral Druid instead of the Lock in my group for the following:

Prot Warrior
Feral Druid
Spriest
Hpriest
Hunter

This gets you 3 CC and your hunter can essentially kite the 4th one while the spriest kills it with him. The druid should be able to do good dps and stay 2nd on threat easily not to mention if bad luck arises, he's got a Battle Rez as well as an innervate for your Hpriest.

Tedd
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Yea I like the feral druid idea. Though I think a lock could be just as good.

I'm going to try this over the weekend, tanking in zerker stance seems like a good plan as well.