PDA

View Full Version : Dual Dragonstrike vs Badge Fist

crazyasian
06-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Ok, firstly I have used the search function and I apreciate all the information so far.

This thread was exceptionally helpful:
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/damage-per-second-discussion/36883-dw-dragonstrike.html

But I have a few more questions and any other viewpoints would be greatly apreciated.

1. Dragonstrike MH vs Vanir MH-From what I have read the damage is neglibale at best, but most regard the Vanir MH to be slightly better. Is the dfferacne enough to warrant swapping out?

2. I've seen several post about Dragonstrike/Othter or Other/Drgonstrike. At this time I have Dual Dragonstrikes and have contemplated badging the two fist weapons. I've not been able to find hard data on which is better, or if the uptime on the hast is worth it or not. Any other speculation would be much apreciated as to the worth of Dual Dragonstrikes vs. other weapon combinations. Though the above article states that it could be better going Vanir's First, has the data been confiirmed?

My speed when mongoose/mace haste procs is 1.7'ish if that helps at all.

Again, I do apreciate your input and time on this thread.

Arrivan
06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
The thread you linked answers everything. The stats alone on the fists outdo the procs from Dragonstrike, let alone the higher base DPS. For any non-human warrior the difference is noticeable enough to make the switch. When I play with the Elitist Jerks fury warrior spreadsheet the difference between Dragonstrike and the MH fist without the human racial is about 10 DPS (with my gear), although the human racial adds close to 15 DPS making Dragonstrike MH better for humans only until you're over the expertise softcap without the racial (interestingly, the badge fist MH would outdo Dragonstrike even for humans if it was 2.7 attack speed instead of 2.5 according to the spreadsheet).

Edit: I've plugged in the numbers and gear again into my spreadsheet and come up with something completely contradictory to every other time I've used it. For whatever reason it's now showing Vanir's Right Fist having a consistent 6 DPS upgrade over Dragonstrike regardless of the racial. I find this very interesting and it warrants further investigation in-game. Unfortunately it also means I'll have to pick up another 100 badges -_-.

If you want the spreadsheet yourself you can find it at [Warrior] Fury DPS Spreadsheet for 2.4 - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t23083-warrior_fury_dps_spreadsheet_2_4_a/).

crazyasian
06-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks a bunch. Your findings are almost exactly like mine, and thank you for answering it directly.

Now back to heroics and Kara for free badges to upgrade my hammers...

/sigh

Tedd
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks a bunch. Your findings are almost exactly like mine, and thank you for answering it directly.

Now back to heroics and Kara for free badges to upgrade my hammers...

/sigh

There will be other things factoring in to your decision, though.

I would definitely pick up the offhand, unless you can get an infinity blade. The 2.4 fury spreadsheet is a good guideline, but it also has a standard deviation of up to 20dps. So really, 105 badges for a 6dps "upgrade" over dstrike might not actually be a worthwhile purchase.

ebs2002
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
For whatever reason it's now showing Vanir's Right Fist having a consistent 6 DPS upgrade over Dragonstrike regardless of the racial.

That's probably because, for the longest time, dual wielding only showed one expertise value on your tooltip (based on your mainhand), and I think the common belief was that you could wield a sword MH and fist OH, and get the +5 expertise.

Now, the tooltip shows 11/6 for me if I'm wielding an axe MH and fist OH (I'm an orc), so it's pretty clear that your offhand attacks don't get the bonus if you're not wielding the racial-bonus weapon in your offhand.

I'd wager that the fury dps spreadsheet doesn't take this into consideration. I'd wager, although this is just a guess, that your attacks work the following way:
White MH: uses MH expertise
White OH: uses OH expertise
BT: uses MH expertise
WW: uses MH expertise for one MH hits, and OH expertise for OH hits
Cleave/HS: uses MH expertise.

Arrivan
07-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Since I posted that I've tried this out with a different spreadsheet, and it showed Dragonstrike had the advantage. This leads me to conclude that humans should go with what they can get easiest. Since I have Dragonstrike I don't think I'll be getting the fists, I have far too many other badge items to get instead. It's also important to note that spreadsheets can't give a perfect measurement of your potential DPS. I think I was just thinking too much about the problem :p