PDA

View Full Version : S3 Helm, Legs, or Chest?

Archfiend
06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll start by saying I'm not hardcore into PVP, but I don't want to drag my teammates down when I play my handful of games each week.

I've got enough points to grab either the S3 helm, legs, or chest next week - I'll end up getting each of them for the discounted prices over the course of S4, but I'm not quite sure where to start.

My current gear set includes the T4 DPS Helm and Gloves (shush) to get the reduced cost whirlwinds, the Netherforce Chestplate, and the Vanquisher's Legplates. I can swap in the Season 0 legs and gloves for added resilience, at the cost of other useful stats. My only current gladiator's gear is my S2 shoulders, so no matter what I get, I'll be picking up the set bonus there.

Here's my theories:

1) Get the legs first. The Netherforce is fine for now, whereas the legs represent an upgrade for PVE dps as well as PVP. I'll lose the potential set bonus for the Season 0 gear, but I can keep the T4 set bonus for the helm and gloves.

2) Get the helm first. Forsake the T4 set bonus and double up on resilience bonuses from both the gladiator's set and the Season 0 set. This will be a short-lived bonus, as I'll be opting to grab new gloves ASAP.

3) Get the chest first. This seems like the least upgrade in terms of raw dps, as Netherforce is pretty decent, whereas the legs would be a clearly superior upgrade all around and the helm has its perks as well.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Ukyo
06-18-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm guessing that this is for pvp purposes right?

If so, get the helm first. It's an upgrade from both T4 and S0, you won't lose the resilience from the savage set and you can get another 35 resilience if you pick up the S4 gloves next season.

If it's for pve purposes, go with the legs, since vanquisher's are kinda lame at this point in the game.

Archfiend
06-18-2008, 11:04 AM
It's actually dual-purpose. Ideally the piece I pick up would be an upgrade for PVE and PVP alike.

Ukyo
06-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Then i'd go for the helm, best helm pre BT/SW and the legs you can get the S4 later on i guess

Ilya M
06-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Don't Bother, Wait 1 more week and get season 4 pants, that is if you can get to 1550, but thats not too hard I imagine