PDA

View Full Version : lvl another warrior to pvp with?

Raskal
06-17-2008, 04:45 AM
I was thinking the other day of leveling another warrior for only pvping with and keeping one for just tanking to eliminate the cost of respeccing between pvp and tank. You guys rekon its a waste of time? i would go horde instead of ally this time haha.
I see Kazaganthi has 2 warrs and i was wondering what its like? The only problem would be i cant access the game at the moment and when i get back on and level to 70 most probably S4 is either half way through or ending or WoTLK is out, would having 2 warriors in WoTLK be workable (i have no idea what pvp is going to be like in the expac)? otherwise itd be a shammy resto or enhance :P

Would like to know your guys views on the idea :)
Thanks

gacktt
06-17-2008, 05:17 AM
With all the (justified) QQ about respecs in the forums, I'm betting they will nerf/remove respec costs in wotlk, either that or daily's give 25-30g per turn in.

I'm keeping myself with 1 war and just respeccing in wotlk, since there's definitely going to be some changes in respec/gold inflation/etc.

Bloodwraith
06-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I was thinking the other day of leveling another warrior for only pvping with and keeping one for just tanking to eliminate the cost of respeccing between pvp and tank. You guys rekon its a waste of time? i would go horde instead of ally this time haha.
I see Kazaganthi has 2 warrs and i was wondering what its like? The only problem would be i cant access the game at the moment and when i get back on and level to 70 most probably S4 is either half way through or ending or WoTLK is out, would having 2 warriors in WoTLK be workable (i have no idea what pvp is going to be like in the expac)? otherwise itd be a shammy resto or enhance :P

Would like to know your guys views on the idea :)
Thanks

Kaz has two warriors because he PvP's on both and it would be a bitch to get the gear for both specs on one toon due to points and everything. In the time it takes you to get another 70 you could just do Daily Quests to cover cost of respec, while grinding out honor and arena points.

The xpac is scheduled to release near end of this year from what I hear, and with all the free torrents of Idemise guide out there, leveling would go faster than half or an entire season if you decided to go that route.

ScientificLee
07-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Leveling 2 warriors (one for pve and one for pvp) is bad idea because warriors are one of the classes that can use PVE gear in Arena. Even if you tank and have to wait for DPS to get their gear first, that would be an advantage. Probably the only things that would be really hard to get are the trinkets.

Kamani
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM
If you spend the time farming instead of leveling then you would save a ton more gold and time if you just farmed instead of leveling.

suesse_llane
07-02-2008, 01:16 PM
If you plan want to pvp every day, it might make sense, particularly if you have friends on another server who like to pvp. If you can stay on your own server and set aside a coulple of days a week for pvp, than you can keep your cost down to 200g or less per week, you probably want to stay.

If you do roll another character, you'll kick yourself when the pvp toon as the S4 shield that is a pve upgrade for your tank. Or when you need 60 badges to get a dory's embrace on the pvp toon, you'll want to stab yourself.

I've thought about this a bit recently. I think it might actually be fun to level a warrior again. I've even considered re-rolling for a better racial (basically anything but gnome) for pve and switching the gnome to pvp. It seems like too much work though :)

Oggr
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I for one have multiple warriors. I simply enjoy the class. I still use my main for PVE and PVP however and pay the respec costs which will most likely be eliminated in WoTLK with the duo spec they have been talking about (keeping 2 specs saved on each character and simply switching between them without fees). Hope its not a rumour :P

Clyde
07-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Bear in mind that one of the middling-confirmed rumors circling about Wrath of the Lich King is they may allow two set specs that you can swap between, with respec costs only to change one of the specs.

Given the sheer amount of playtime it takes to level, how much gold you could generate by farming in that same amount of time, and the possibility of Bliz making the whole cost needless... I'd say that it doesn't make a ton of sense at this juncture.

Which isn't to say you couldn't level another warrior just for fun!

Arrivan
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I leveled another warrior to 47 when the "one for PVE, one for PVP" bug bit me, but then I got sick of playing another low level warrior and decided to just get PVP gear for my 70 warrior. It's much more convenient to have all your efforts consolidated on the one character. PVP warriors will want at least 60 badges for Dory's Embrace, and possibly another 60 for Angelista's Revenge and any other PVE gear you may want to use to fill in slots. You'll have a much easier time of getting these with a warrior that already has good tank gear than a fresh 70 wearing PVP gear and quest rewards.

nobel
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
im basically doing this for the same reason.. that and i want a UD warrior.. been a dwarf for over 2 years :P.. but its mainly to have a warrior for both factions i think..

Kazeyonoma
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
go orc! resist mace stuns for epic wins! ;x