PDA

View Full Version : Which Heroics should i farm?

Kral
06-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Hello there

I'm a new tank dinged 70 few days ago and want to start farming badges

so far the HC's i done are : Ramps & SP only

but 2 heroics a day are not much

which heroics u suggest me to farm with my current gear : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Kral)

sometimes i switch to dps gear tho

my stats are : 501 Def , 21% Block (181 BV) 16% Parry , 14.50% Dodge , 13.5k hp , 12.8k Armor

Leytur
06-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Bot because it has 5 badges. MrT because it has good loot and gets you rep for your shield. And the daily heroic.

SP is a good one because it's easy. UB as well and it's 4 badges. Her Mech has 4.

Kral
06-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi there

Thanks for reply but are my gears OK for Mrt HC?

assuming it's the hardest HC instance (i think?)

Tatt
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
I think without a very good group you would have trouble with magister's, I would stick to UB/SP/Mech/Bot...probly the easiest 4 that have a good badge reward and rep you need.

Kral
06-14-2008, 08:21 AM
well i just did Mech heroic and only passed few mobs

the healer was like "u getting too much dmg"

i'm not sure if it was "My" gear problem or the healer

Brucimus
06-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Your gear is fine ...get a new healer and work on your technique.

Raize
06-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Interrupt the protectors and destroyers and that'll stop some of the spike damage, or yeah just get a better healer.

Bendhuin
06-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Def get a good healer. When I first hit 70 I ran stright into H Mech with some random pug group. It sucked bad. I died more times than I can count. Everyone was mega pissed and so was I. I seriously took a second look at what I was doing wrong. Well 2 days later I convince my friend who plays a holy pally to heal it. I have known this guy for 10+ years and we have been gaming since UO together. Well we made it through without 1 death.
Now a days I out gear most heriocs with 17.5k health and 18k armor unbuffed, but even now if my usual healer isnt on and im feeling bored ill pick up a random healer and there are close calls. I guess it could be because I hate using CC and will often tank 5 or 6 mobs at a time. On good days I can get 23 badges. Bot/mech/UB can all be done in an hour or less and they are fairly easy. I actually hate ramps for some reason maybe to many runs at 60 with retards. But dont let dps run the group. Find a good healer that plays about the same time you do and get to goin.

Shadevarr
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
H mech for sun eater (took me 16 runs)
Setthek Halls for the def/dodge epic gem
H SP (just easy)
H Bot (lots of badges and nothing that hits that hard)

Heroics to avoid if your a fresh 70 (list was given to me by our former raid tank and I agree with it)

Auchenai Crypts
Shattered Halls
Mana Tombs
Durnholde
Black Morass