PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for Pally tank for H-MGT.

lukeschamak
06-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Basically, I've been trying to tank a group for H-MGT for awhile but many players say i'm not geared enough and in my stats. so if i could get some help on those requirements and maybe some tips when i do get in there on how to tank that place would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Raize
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM
There are a couple of threads on this forum which you might want to look over for strategies on MgT. As far as health is concerned, it depends on who you bring with you. I would say at least 13-14k, since your armour doesn't always feel much like a safety barrier in there.

Honorshammer
06-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Be sure you spam Cleanse on yourself, that dang Warlock mob has an immolate that really hurts.

uglybbtoo
06-17-2008, 07:46 PM
There are a couple of threads on this forum which you might want to look over for strategies on MgT. As far as health is concerned, it depends on who you bring with you. I would say at least 13-14k, since your armour doesn't always feel much like a safety barrier in there.

Must have >15K HP IMO buffed or a fantastic healer else you gonna get toasted by kael.

The mobs actually arent much harder than in normal.

acdakuwon
06-24-2008, 04:57 AM
I was able to tank is the other day (first time trying) . You can amoury Kaiffan on Healscream, however I am probably in dps gear atm.

My HP is < 13k with a few Kara pieces, a few Epic Heroic pieces and a few Blues. As a warrior The only part that gave me a hard time was

1. The boss fight with 7 mobs (Tinket dropped!!!)
2. The pull with 6 mobs before the boss fight.

During the 3rd boss fight we wiped about 10 times (RL friends so knowone left and we now know what to do!..lol)

Group make up was: Druid healer, Mage, Hunter, melee Shammy, Warrior (me)

FYI:

For the 3rd fight, this is the kill order that worked for us:

- ICE Trap Priestess
- Sheep Warrior Mob.
- I tank the Monk (he seems to randomly target others if I dont strickly tank him) while trying to get close to the hunter mob to tank them both.
- All DPS goes all out on the warlock mob.
- Let pets attack healer, let our hunters pet kill the imp pet.

Kill: Warlock, Hunter, Monk, Priestess, Warrior. I read about the ability to ice trap the priestess after many wipes and it works great.

We found all the other fights to be trivial. We wiped once on the spark boss and 1 time on the final boss. The first boss is easy, even if we didnt kill the crystals, althought I remember he used to hit hard when I tried it in regular.

uglybbtoo
06-25-2008, 01:47 AM
I was able to tank is the other day (first time trying) . You can amoury Kaiffan on Healscream, however I am probably in dps gear atm.

My HP is < 13k with a few Kara pieces, a few Epic Heroic pieces and a few Blues. As a warrior The only part that gave me a hard time was

1. The boss fight with 7 mobs (Tinket dropped!!!)
2. The pull with 6 mobs before the boss fight.

During the 3rd boss fight we wiped about 10 times (RL friends so knowone left and we now know what to do!..lol)

Group make up was: Druid healer, Mage, Hunter, melee Shammy, Warrior (me)

FYI:

For the 3rd fight, this is the kill order that worked for us:

- ICE Trap Priestess
- Sheep Warrior Mob.
- I tank the Monk (he seems to randomly target others if I dont strickly tank him) while trying to get close to the hunter mob to tank them both.
- All DPS goes all out on the warlock mob.
- Let pets attack healer, let our hunters pet kill the imp pet.

Kill: Warlock, Hunter, Monk, Priestess, Warrior. I read about the ability to ice trap the priestess after many wipes and it works great.

We found all the other fights to be trivial. We wiped once on the spark boss and 1 time on the final boss. The first boss is easy, even if we didnt kill the crystals, althought I remember he used to hit hard when I tried it in regular.

Forget the mobs and getting there this is a testiment to your healer not you and I suggest others take this advice with a HUGE warning before trying this. Kael's fireballs in heroic are 6K each are completely unresistable (don't even bother to pop your fire aura) and come thick and fast. Less than 13K HP means the healer has to land more than 6K worth of heals before each and every fireball. If you are going to try this take someone like a rogue who can interrupt the fireball cast.

lukeschamak
06-25-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks guys i did it with 14.5 hp 500def and 270spell dam......so i rocked that place got the trinket so happy.. thats for the info.. trying to get mace