PDA

View Full Version : Passed on Romulo's Poison Vial last night

Rishkkin
06-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Went back to Kara last night.

We got the R&J event at opera.

Romulo dropped his Romulo's Poison Vial, I was offered to take it.

I declined stating that I was hit capped (I'm sitting at 150 hit rating at the moment)

Since I'm an arms warrior 142 hit rating will be enough (don't need more).

Taking the trinket would have allowed me to regem some gear but at the same time it would have cost me either Hourglass of the Unraveller or Skyguard Silver Cross both of which I use o increase my crit rating which is still too low for my liking. (around 27 % crit in zerker if I recall correctly)

I felt that taking the vial wouldn't have been such a huge upgrade. So I passed and it was then awarded to someone for his offspec in our group.

Did I took the right decision, should I have taken the vial anyways ?

here's my armory link if you wanna see my stats

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area%2052&n=Sheldreyn)

hbombs
06-13-2008, 06:41 AM
I cant armory you from work but no you didnt make a bad decision. as long as that person was happy he received it for his off set and will make use of it. For dps that trinket is lackluster is it better then the skyguard cross.. possibly but not game breaking.

truth is if no rogue wants it its a great trinket for your tank if he doesnt have shard of contempt or the autoblocker yet.

BTW WHY DONT YOU HAVE SHARD OF CONTEMPT YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE IT!

Rishkkin
06-13-2008, 06:59 AM
BTW WHY DONT YOU HAVE SHARD OF CONTEMPT YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE IT!

I haven't set foot in H-MgT yet :-P

hbombs
06-13-2008, 07:18 AM
WHY HAVEN'T YOU SET FOOT IN H-MgT YET??? ok ill stop lol

edit: guessing u would probably have to tank it in order to get a group?

Rishkkin
06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
most likely yes.

Unless I get the chance to have a guild run, which I tough since outside of raids my playtime doesn't really match my tanks's playtime.

Arrivan
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
The trinket in question is horrible, plain and simple. Let the rogues have it, or take it for your once-in-a-blue-moon tank threat purposes (that's the only reason I still have it). Just in general here, if you have two better threat trinkets of any kind (eg Shard, Autoblocker) vendor/DE it.

Rishkkin
06-13-2008, 10:21 AM
ok, thx

chuglur
06-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Horrible...as in I did 2160 Prot dps with it on. Think before you speak people.

hbombs
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
you guys didnt know chuglur is superman but cooler!

Tatt
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
2160 DPS as Prot? I would truly love to see that, I know T6 guilds with designated dps who do not hit those numbers.

chuglur
06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
It was listed on the leet prot dps thread in this forum. The log is expired but w.e.

Archfiend
06-16-2008, 08:24 PM
The Poison Vial is great. Passing on it to someone who would use it more isn't necessarily a bad move, but I'd take it if you get another chance before letting it get sharded or vendored.

The proc alone contributes 10-20 dps for me. I would value it higher than the Skyguard Silver Cross, which has a tendency to proc only AFTER you need it. If you're going to lose crit rating, consider that you can easily swap out the hit gems you have for equivalent crit gems - that may not make up the entire difference, but you should be able to swap out a few different pieces for items with crit instead of hit.

td;dr version: It already happened so it's too late to regret your decision, but grab it next time you get a chance. Can't hurt to have more options - variety is the spice 'o life, baby.

Spaceknight
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Poison Vial is like the worst trinket ever. Blade's Fist Breadth would be better i think >_>..

Kazeyonoma
06-16-2008, 10:44 PM
uhh spaceknight, if this is for tanking, then no...

Arrivan
06-17-2008, 01:47 AM
This thread isn't about tanking though. I can think of half a dozen trinkets off the top of my head that are better than the Poison Vial provided you're hit capped without it: Bloodlust Brooch, Berserker's Call, Hourglass of the Unraveller, Skyguard Silver Cross, Bladefist's Breadth, Shard of Contempt (not in any particular order) and that's all obtainable from 10 mans and below.

Corbusier
06-17-2008, 07:25 AM
The Poison Vial is great. Passing on it to someone who would use it more isn't necessarily a bad move, but I'd take it if you get another chance before letting it get sharded or vendored.

The proc alone contributes 10-20 dps for me. I would value it higher than the Skyguard Silver Cross, which has a tendency to proc only AFTER you need it. If you're going to lose crit rating, consider that you can easily swap out the hit gems you have for equivalent crit gems - that may not make up the entire difference, but you should be able to swap out a few different pieces for items with crit instead of hit.

td;dr version: It already happened so it's too late to regret your decision, but grab it next time you get a chance. Can't hurt to have more options - variety is the spice 'o life, baby.

For a fury warrior, poison vial is terrible, as is gemming for hit. No properly geared fury warrior should EVER need either hit gems or this trinket.

Rishkkin
06-17-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm specced arms, and I'm already hit capped. Indeed I could have switched some gems to cover the crit loss. All in all I think the guildie will use it more than I do. I was just looking to see if I did a huge mistake or not :-P

Kream
06-17-2008, 08:47 AM
You should have rolled on it. It's not a big mistake because it isn't a great warrior trinket. Given your level of gear, you probably would have found a use for it some of the time. I certainly wouldn't have taken it over a rogue, but definitely over someone rolling offset.

It useful for tweaking your stats when an upgrade makes you fall below the hit cap. Also keep in mind that you can use +20 hit rating food to get you to the 142 number.

Moral of the story:
Have options in the bank

Kazeyonoma
06-17-2008, 09:05 AM
whoa whoa whoa... i thought this was about tanking O_o, confused it with another vial thread. My bad. for fury or ms arms, it's pretty terribad.