PDA

View Full Version : Farming them Badges?

Raskal
06-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey yall, I recently specced prot again on my warrior and want to start gearing up through badge gears, I was wondering if there was a good way to 'farm' badges?

I have 2 weeks of holidays coming up which will mean heroic daily quests everyday and kara every week. I was thinking about maybe OTing Grulls or ZA but will the gear hold me up (for the first coupla bosses of ZA anyway)?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/replies.

Heres my armory link Raskal's Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Raskal)

dawnrose
06-13-2008, 12:49 AM
maybe if you bring a pally along for blessing of kings and a priest for fortitude, then you stand a good chance. Bosses in ZA & 25 men raids hit pretty hard. Other bosses make sure the healers got themselves to be worried about aswell so you need to be able to take a few hits while healers tend to themselves. 13k hp is the bare minimum for hard hitting bosses.
Gruul is a prime example of this. It's not only the tank but also the offtanks that gotta be able to take a serious beating, especially after a number of grows. This isn't an issue if the rest of your raid is overgeared for the instance.
High King Maulgar fight should be less of a problem to offtank.
Zul'Aman in difficulty is somewhere between Karazhan & SSC/TK. Even upto BT quality if you go for the timed events. The more timed events you go for, the better your gear and skills need to be. And not only yours, but of everyone in the raid.

Foolishness
06-13-2008, 07:08 AM
heres my dailey 'holiday farming' schedual when i was farming badges:

1. heroic dailey
2. Botanica
3. Slave Pens
4. Ramps

Theres always people willing to do the daileys and slave pens. I tried to get a guild group for botanica runs (took 50 mins) and also Black morass is quick badges if you have a great group.

When pugging advertise runs as 'fast badge run' and look for geared people who have the same goals.

I would also try to slide in heroic magisters every day until you get both warrior trinkets from there, but that instance wasn't available when i did my badge farming. Commendation is godly. Try not to take any rogues or melee until you have the shard.

For magisters, try to build an arcane resist set from random AH items, you don't even need plate. This way you make it a lot easier on your healer for the second boss. Mine is at 245 resist and it does a decent job. your DPS are 99% of the time too slack to have their own arcane resist set.

Lavache
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM
anytime shattered halls is the daily you win. finish the timed event and its 7 badges for about 30-45 minutes of work. its also the only heroic that is any fun to run imo.

some of the shattered sun dailies have a chance to give you badges as well, but they are not guaranteed.

dlongest
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
I always farmed the heroic daily (unless it was something I loathed like Slabs or something with low return for the pain in the assitude like Sethekk or Auchenai). Bot and Mech are pretty easy. Bot can be done in about 45-50 minutes with a competent, skilled group. Mech can go in about 30-35 with similar type group.

Slave Pens and Ramps are 2 more about 30-35 minute runs. And if you can get just super DPS without CC abilites, go to Black Morass, CC isnt' even a concern or thought.

I try for about an 10 minute per badge pace to keep things moving efficiently.

Daniel

jlafleur
06-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Underbog can be done in 40-45 minutes for four badges. Better use of time then Slave Pens IMO. Botanica, as already mentioned, is good for five easy badges.

dlongest
06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
UB bugs me for some reason. If it doens't bug you, yeah go nuts in there.

Daniel

jlafleur
06-13-2008, 10:06 AM
The nice thing about UB compared to SP is that you don't need any CC for UB. I just tank everything in there straight up. In SP, you need to keep a handle on the champions in the soothsayer pulls otherwise you won't kill the soothsayer before someone gets possessed.

clavarnway
06-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Yep what jla said. I just tanked Hero UB with no CC - all you have to do is TC + a little tab Devastate to hold aggro. Remember to LOS the pulls with the spearthrowers so you can get them in range of your melee. Spell Reflect the poison spit from the bugs and you can hold aggro on them without every touching them.

Tatt
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
I would stick to heroics and kara in your gear, I think without some monster healers that Nalorrak would kill you pretty quick. I would avoid Gruul simply because you do not hae a lot of threat stats, so it will be ahrd for you to maintain a high threat ceiling as OT. HKM would be easy, and I think you could handle any heroic pretty well with the right group. Try to work on Cavern of Time instances for head glyph and timewarden leggings, both would be pretty good upgrades for you.

Raskal
06-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, only thing to do now really is to get farming -.-