PDA

View Full Version : Hyjal Fists of Fury Vs. Badge fists.

Superspy23
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
The question is in the title. I know the "slow off hand is preferable" idea but if you factor in the proc from the set bonus would the Fists of Fury be comparable DPS? The main hand seems like it would possibly be preferable to the badge main hand with its 2.7 speed. Is it worth it to not be swinging peacocks at the raid bosses? I definitely don't want to gimp myself and I'll stick to looking like an angry florist if its really superior DPS.

So how close do they compare?

Corbusier
06-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Badge fists are still better.

The slow/fast OH is a much smaller issue than people make it out to be.

Superspy23
06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
I know the slow/fast thing is a small consideration. I mentioned it as an effort to brush it aside from the conversation.

So how close are the Hyjal fists to the badge fists? Are we talking a couple DPS in the long run or is the disparity far greater than to allow for the Hyjal fists to even be considered? And how significant is the main hand speed when considering with its contribution to the special attacks?

Brucimus
06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
The slow/fast OH is a much smaller issue than people make it out to be.

I'd say go with the Hyjal fists unless you have to spend a bunch of DKP on them...I got the offhand recently for 1 point and I am patiently waiting for the main hand to drop to try them out ....I'm a sword guy and would never give up my swords up full time though

edit i know they Badge ones are better...but they also cost mucho badgos

Corbusier
06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
I know the slow/fast thing is a small consideration. I mentioned it as an effort to brush it aside from the conversation.

So how close are the Hyjal fists to the badge fists? Are we talking a couple DPS in the long run or is the disparity far greater than to allow for the Hyjal fists to even be considered? And how significant is the main hand speed when considering with its contribution to the special attacks?
They're close. Factoring in the proc, you'll likely see a 2-3% difference tops.

MH speed difference is pretty much a non-issue, as the only special that's reliant on weapon damage is WW, which is typically less than 14% of your dps.

I suppose it boils down to a question of min/maxing. Are you willing to spend 150 badges to eek out a bit more damage?

Superspy23
06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I already have the badge bouquets... I mean fists. I guess I'll just pick up the Hyjal fists for the look when they drop to minimum bid.

On the subject of min/maxing: When doing the Sweeping Strike, Whirlwind, Cleave stuff in the trash packs in Hyjal can the proc from the Fists of Fury land on every target I'm hitting? In such a case would it be preferable to use them when in AOE mode?

Is there even any data on proc effects on multi target skill usages?

Kazeyonoma
06-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I think the proc chance gets calculated per hit, not per Action. So if you proc it on your 1 hit from a multitude of whirlwind/cleaves, only that individual hit will fire off a proc, and doesn't correlate any translation to your other hits, sweeping strikes or not.

Crimsonstorm
06-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Badge weapons are superior. They have higher dps and more dps stats. The MH Vanir's is only somewhat better than Claw of Molten Fury. But the Offhand is better by a larger margin, as the molten fury is hurt by its quick speed.