PDA

View Full Version : PVE MS/Slam, < 2.50 swing time, what rotation?

Erithol
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey all,

So I checked the 2 stickies and scanned a few posts, but haven't found an answer to my questions.

I'm using a 3.6 speed sword, 33/28 pve arms spec (3/5 flurry). My standard rotation is auto > slam > Special (MS/WW/Demo) > auto and I que heroic strikes when I need to dump some rage, instead of an auto.

With flurry and heroism I'm at 2.41 swing time. I figure with latency I'm losing that much anyways so I keep my standard rotation up even though I'm 'clipping' by .09 attack speed. When I mix in drums of battle (80 haste) and/or haste potion the rotation is impossible to keep up.

My first question is, should I still try to fit in slams or just keep MS/WW on cooldown when my swing time is well below 2.5? We're currrently on Brutallus and we have 3-4 leather workers in our group keeping drums up, as well as 4 heroisms total.

Should I consider insane strength instead of haste potions maybe, and keep the slam rotation up?

Thanks for any input!

Oda
06-09-2008, 06:17 PM
[Warrior] Future of a DPS Warrior - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t12386-warrior_future_dps_warrior/)

Look at the last couple of pages on this thread. High haste seems to lead well into a Heroic Strike build (i.e., drop Slam, HS when over 60 rage, Hamstring when over 40-50 rage with a free GCD).

I've tried it on a couple Brutallus attempts recently. I dropped a little in DPS, but I don't have the gear to support it (high haste rating is very important, some are saying that a DST is required). It's kind of a fun build...definitely more lag-friendly than a Slam build.

Indris
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Yep, if you find yourself unable to fit in slams you just switch to more hs and hamstrings on free GCDs, but you kinda need to build on haste to make it work well I believe; also, haste pots are a big NO if they get in the way of your slam rotation; and well heroism time shouldn't be something you base your gear / rotation off, either.

If you're only getting the too high speed during heroisms / haste pots, switch to str pots instead and adjust your cycle during heroism, then go back to slamming as normal.

Corbusier
06-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Or just use Heroic Strike instead.

Erithol
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Thank you all for the input, it has been helpful.