PDA

View Full Version : Swapping PvE gear for PvP?

Whiteludafan
06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I've recently switched from MH/BT-level tanking to PvP, and I was wondering what gear I should swap and how to evaluate PvE vs PvP gear.

Here is my armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldaman&n=Whiteludafan)

I've examined other top-rated warriors and I generally see full Vengeful/Vindicator, with Angelista's Revenge, Dory's Embrace and some combination of Battlemaster's, Bloodlust, Medallion of the Alliance, and/or Shadowsong.

I would like to get to those gear lvls, but this obviously doesn't happen overnight. I'm primarily concerned with swapping my [Blood-stained Pauldrons], [The Horseman's Helm], and [Greaves of the Bloodwarder].

For instance, comparing [The Horseman's Helm] and the [Savage Plate Helm], we see:

Horseman vs. Savage Plate
+183 Armor
+20 Str
+12 Stam
-1 Meta
+2 Sockets
+6 Critical Strike Rating
-19 Resilience

It seems like you're giving up a TON of stats to get some more resilience. I'm sure resilience is important, but at what cost? Comparing this to the S1 helm, these stats start to balance a bit more. However, also consider [Blood-stained Pauldrons] vs [Gladiator's Plate Shoulders]:

Blood-stained vs Gladiator's
+164 Armor
+25 Str
-11 Sta
-2 Sockets
+23 Hit
+9 Critical Strike Rating
-19 Resilience

Again, I just struggle to balance survivability vs. DPS stats. Any advice on how to balance the two?

PS - How do you create item links???

Ukyo
06-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I'd stick with the gear you're using and start saving points for S2 gear. Once you get S2 gear you should be pretty much set for starting to do arenas seriously. Your gear isn't bad, the lack of resilience only affects your honor grinding if the battlegroup you're in is advanced enough to see people doing bg's with full S3 gear.

Other than that i'd start grinding the bg's for tokens and honor and casual arena for points for S4.

Kazeyonoma
06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
what Ukyo said is 100% correct.

Likewise if you run with a paladin partner in 2v2s, going for maximum damage (PvE) is actually more in your favor thatn going for survivability (PvP).

Whiteludafan
06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the input guys. My first goal has been to get a full Vindicator set. After that, I may start filling the gap with S1 pieces. I'm doing my casual arena on the side. I figure I'll start buying my S3 pieces as I go.

Ukyo
06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the input guys. My first goal has been to get a full Vindicator set. After that, I may start filling the gap with S1 pieces. I'm doing my casual arena on the side. I figure I'll start buying my S3 pieces as I go.

Save up for S4, it's only like a month away or so, since blizz is waiting to get more Sunwell/KJ gear out there to start pushing S4, and with S4, you'll get S2 welfare gear, and that beats the living hell out of S1 gear.

Kamani
06-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Save up for S4, it's only like a month away or so, since blizz is waiting to get more Sunwell/KJ gear out there to start pushing S4, and with S4, you'll get S2 welfare gear, and that beats the living hell out of S1 gear.

2 weeks!

Do not buy any Vindicator's gear. Or S3 gear for that matter. Save for s2 honor and s4 arena.